How to Braise Chicken
- Basically, you start by searing the chicken to get a good color and crisp on the skin.
- Then deglaze the pan with some good juices - broth or wine are the best choices!
- Then nestle the meat back in the pan, add the lid, and let it work for a bit until the meat is tender, flavorful, and perfectly cooked.
Fruit and Meat Pairings
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 4 springs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 peaches, sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a large braiser, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sautee the onion, rosemary, salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sliced peaches and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the honey and balsamic vinegar and heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Add in the chicken thighs, making sure they are covered with the sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 57g