When it comes to a super easy weeknight meals, it doesn't get any easier than 3 steps -
- chop it
- season it
- put it in the oven
Anything that can be prepped in less than 10 minutes and then allows me to not do any other work until its time to eat is pretty much amazing in my book.
Basically this whole meal is as magic as a letter from Hogwarts.
Roasted veggies are like my favorite thing ever - they get all sweet and caramelizey, and they pair so perfect with the brats. And seriously, how awesome is a roasted brat? It's a total surprise that you don't need to fire up the grill for an awesome dish like this! The spices add just enough extra flavor to keep things tasty and delicious without being "spicy" for the kiddos.
Everything cooks superbly and perfectly together, and I love how many awesome veggies are packed into this meal! Just add a little olive oil and a few spices are all you need to create a super flavorful and healthy meal in a matter of minutes! No wand required!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 1lb baby potatoes ( I used purple, but you can use any kind you want)
- 8 oz brussel sprouts
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- `/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4-5 fresh bratwurst
- Optional - Brat Buns
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare all the veggies by slicing the peppers, cut the onions into wedges, and cut the potatoes into ¼'s.
- Place all the veggies in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and the spices and evenly spread the veggies back out.
- Nestle the bratwurst into the veggies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.