This Strawberry Almond and Camembert Sourdough Loaf is loaded with strawberry flavor, perfect pieces of camembert cheese and crunchy chopped almonds. It has a nice crusty crust, a chewy texture, and awesome flavor!
Love a good Sourdough Bread recipe? Try these gorgeous sourdough bread loaves:
- San Francisco Sourdough Loaf - This sourdough loaf is extra tangy and has great texture!
- Vermont Sourdough Loaf with Whole Wheat - Soft and chewy, with a lovey crust, this sourdough loaf is a treat!
- Soft Sourdough Sandwich Loaf - Perfect for sandwiches, this is a great beginner sourdough bread recipe!
- Toasted Wheat Germ Sourdough Loaf with Rosemary - Soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside, this beautiful sourdough loaf
Ready to take your sourdough bread to the next level? Try these tasty sourdough bread recipes:
- Roasted Garlic Sourdough Bread - This roasted garlic loaf is beautifully decorated and will keep your house safe from vampires.
- Earl Grey Sourdough with Apricots and Cranberries - this loaf has an excellent crumb and beautiful flavor! Its definitely a fun and unique sourdough bread recipe!
Obsessed with Sourdough? Fuel your obsession with these:
- 3 ounces starter
- 5.25 ounces water
- 8 ounces flour
- all of the levain
- 9.25 ounces flour
- 3.25 ounces water
- 4.75 ounces strawberry puree
- 3.25 diced strawberries
- 1.75 ounces chopped almonds
- 3 ounces camembert cheese, chopped roughly
- 0.125 ounces salt
- The night before baking, mix together the ingredients for the levain and let sit on the counter.
- Mix together the levain, flour, water, salt and strawberry puree and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured counter, stretch out the dough into a long rectangle-ish shape.
- Sprinkle the diced strawberries, nuts and cheese evenly across the dough, and fold/roll the dough over top (which ever method you want to do this is fine, you just need to get it in there).
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Stretch and fold the dough, place back in the bowl and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Make another stretch and fold, place back in the bowl, cover, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, pull the dough out of the fridge and place in a well floured couche.
- Allow the dough to proof and come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 500 F and prepare for your steam.
- While the oven is preheating, dump the dough out onto a floured parchment paper and score.
- Place the bread in the oven and turn the oven down to 450.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the lid if you are using one.
- Bake another 10-20 minutes, until nicely golden brown.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
You need two overnight resting periods for this bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g