Cumin Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Tahini Yogurt is winter comfort at its finest. Rainbow carrots and chickpeas are slow roasted with earthy spices and served with a smooth tahini yogurt dip.
I am so excited that Kasey from Well-Fed Soul is here with an AMAZING recipe today! If you remember, Kasey did a post for me a few months ago about How to Master Meal Prep (totally check that out if you haven’t yet!). Kasey has a huge passion for helping women learn to live and eat joyfully and learning to live a balanced life. Her recipe today is seriously fantastic!
When winter hits, I’m all about the comfort food. Give me chili, hearty stews, and deep, flavorful spices. Give me curry, enchiladas, and apple crisp. And definitely give me these Cumin Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas!
During the colder months, I always seem to go through food phases. Sometimes I just want meat and other times I want to load my plate with a plethora of vegetables. These Cumin Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas are just that – comforting and cozy, yet still good for you, packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Just what we all need to get us through winter!
This dish is great on its own, but it’s also amazing served with any type of chicken or fish, or even as part of a salad with hearty kale. Just use the tahini yogurt as your dressing!
Carrots and chickpeas are coated in an earthy blend of cumin and coriander, then drizzled with olive oil and roasted to perfection. The tahini yogurt is a super simple blend of just 4 ingredients. It’s great on anything! Use it as a sandwich spread or dip for other veggies. Thin it out with water and use it as a salad dressing. Or just dip some whole grain crackers in it for a midday snack!
*Just a word about the tahini if you haven’t worked with it much before. Give it a good stir before using it in this recipe! Just like natural peanut butter, the oils from tahini will sit at the top of the jar, so make sure to stir it well before using.
Even though we’re in the middle of winter, it’s easy to warm up with these cozy Cumin Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas!
For the Carrots:
- 2 bunches rainbow carrots, washed, tops trimmed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- For the Tahini Yogurt:
- ¼ c. whole-milk Greek yogurt
For the Tahini Yogurt:
- ¼ c. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Water to thin (as needed)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sesame seeds and minced cilantro, for garnish
To Make the Roasted Carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Wash and dry the carrots.
- Add the carrots and chickpeas to the casserole dish and drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over top. Mix using your hands.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, and salt. Sprinkle over the carrots and the chickpeas.
- Bake at 400 F for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until carrots are tender.
To make the Tahini Yogurt:
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt.
- Thin with water as necessary until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve carrots and chickpeas with Tahini Yogurt dip, sesame seeds, and minced cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 362 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 551mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 7g Protein: 12g
Kasey is a Physician Assistant and author of Well-Fed Soul, a blog centered around holistic nutrition and eating close to the ground. She loves to empower women in the kitchen, helping them learn that eating healthy can taste amazing. Kasey provides recipes that are good for the body, mind, and soul. Visit her blog or follow along on Instagram!
Looking for other easy Roasted Vegetable Recipes? Check these out!