These easy Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots are the perfect vegetable side dish for when you need a quick recipe you don’t have to think about! These tender roasted carrots are packed with flavor thanks to Italian Herb Seasoning and are great with everything!
Easy Peasy dinners is my thing. When you are attempting to make dinner for a family while your husband is still at work and you have 30 minutes and a clingy baby, dinner is either easy or take out. Historically, I haven’t been the best at making a variety of side dish recipes.
I like meals where everything is in one pan and I don’t have to remember to make 2 or 3 additional recipes as well as my main entree. Because I often forget to make side dishes.
But these roasted whole carrots? I love this carrot recipe because you can put them in the oven to cook (so they aren’t taking up space on your stovetop) and they do their own thing while the main recipe cooks.
What can you serve with these italian roasted carrots with?
How do I make the best roast carrots?
Roasted carrots are easy to make! They are a perfect vegetable side dish when you need a great recipe that also happens to not require a lot of thinking about. These italian herb carrots use a combination of dried and fresh herbs, which gives them tons of flavor!
- Start by giving your carrots a good scrub.
- Mix together olive oil and Italian Seasoning and toss the carrots to evenly coat.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- Sprinkle with some fresh grated parmesan cheese and stick them back in the oven to melt the cheese a bit.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Enjoy with the main of your choice!
Should I peel carrots?
Maybe? This is totally a personal choice. If you give your carrots a good clean scrub, they should be fine to not peel. However, some people do prefer the taste of peeled carrots more. I personally don’t peel my carrots because I want quick and easy – and trying to peel carrots while also holding a baby is slightly tricky. Also, I’m lazy and I think carrots are just fine the way they are. I found this interesting article on whether or not you should peel carrots that is a good read if you have time.
How long does it take to roast carrots?
The answer to this question really depends on how big/thick your carrots are! But for average/medium sized carrots it should take around 20-25 minutes.
Tips for Making Roasted Carrots
- Try to trim your carrots into equal sizes – this helps them to cook more evenly.
- Cover your rimmed baking sheet in aluminum foil and give it a good spray with cooking spray. This allows the carrots to not stick to the baking sheet, and also helps make clean up easy!
- Spread your carrots into a single layer so they roast evenly – if they are on top of each other they will be more steamed than roasted.
How Your Kids Can Help in the Kitchen:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the ingredients, wash and dry the carrots, and mix together the seasoning and olive oil.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help do everything above, plus help you toss the carrots in the seasoned olive oil, grate the parmesan cheese and chop the fresh parsley and sprinkle the cheese and parsley on the roasted carrots.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help do everything above, plus help you peel the carrots if you want them peeled!
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots
- 2 lb carrots ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wash the carrots and trim the ends, and if desired, peel them. Place the carrots on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and italian seasoning.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the carrots and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the carrots and return to the oven for a few minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Sprinkle the roasted carrots with the fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!