This Hawaiian pineapple bread is a tropical vacation in bread form! Studded with pineapple, strawberries, and toasted coconut, this is a flavor dream come true!
The Daring Bakers’ February 2012 host was – Lis! Lisa stepped in last minute and challenged us to create a quick bread we could call our own. She supplied us with a base recipe and shared some recipes she loves from various websites and encouraged us to build upon them and create new flavor profiles.
How to make Hawaiian pineapple bread
- Toast the coconut. Be careful to watch it so it doesn’t burn!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter and eggs until frothy.
- Add the sugar and whisk well.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon, being careful not to overtax.
- Fold in the fruit and half of the toasted coconut.
- Pour into a prepared bread loaf pan and top with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then remove from the pan to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
Quick Breads are great breakfasts, snacks, and desserts all in one! Try these other awesome quick bread recipes:
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread – This Almond Poppy Seed Bread has the perfect soft, light and crumby texture and loads of great almond flavor! Its a simple bread the whole family will enjoy.
- Snickerdoodle Banana Bread – This banana bread recipe is packed with snickerdoodle flavor! Its a real treat!
- Banana Brandy Bread – This Banana Brandy Bread is a fun “adult” version of banana bread – spiked with brandy, spiced, and moist with the addition of sour cream. Its a great boozy banana bread recipe to have in your repertoire!
- Best Zucchini Bread – This is the best zucchini bread recipe there is! Moist and flavorful, this zucchini bread with applesauce, cinnamon and walnuts is the only zucchini bread recipe you will ever need. Its grandma approved!
- Earl Grey Banana Bread – This banana bread recipe is moist and flavorful, with subtle floral notes.
Hawaiian Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fruit - pineapple strawberry, and mango, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread 1 cup of the coconut on a baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, for 6-10 minutes.
- Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and eggs until frothy.
- Add the sugar and whisk well.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the flour, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the fruit and the toasted coconut.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with remaining 1/2 cup of coconut (the untoasted stuff).
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (cover with foil halfway through so the top of the bread does not burn).
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool completely.