Ok, fine, it’s official. I am now a salad freak. I am seriously loving them! A bunch of fun ingredients, awesome flavors, and seriously fast to throw together. And little to no cooking at all. Yup. I’m definitely loving them. And the baby must be craving them, because all I want to eat all the time are big huge leafy salads with tons of ingredients on them.
I don’t really know what to say about this salad other than “GAH! It’s so delicious!” Someone should really give me a job as a food magazine editor because I am soo witty and descriptive. But really, this salad is great. Fresh, fast, and so flavorful. You’ll love it!
Check out 9 Healthy and Filling Summer Dinner Salads, including:
Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken Salad – Spicy and sweet, this dinner salad is packed with flavor!
- Grilled Asian Flank Steak and Mango Salad – This quick salad recipe is loaded with fresh and vibrant flavor!
- Strawberry, Avocado and Bacon Salad with Creamy Dressing – This salad is perfect for summer and fresh produce!
- Southwest Steak Salad – This salad is perfect if you are craving tacos but need something healthier.
- Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing – This Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing is a great summer time dinner salad – filled with the colors, textures, and flavors that you crave in a simple and easy dinner!
- Summer Kale Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette – This easy salad is quick to pull together but totally satisfying!
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 TBSP lemon juice (about 2 lemons worth)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 3 TBSP shipped parsley
- 3 TBSP chopped basil
- 1/2 jalapano, minced
- 2 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper, and clean the corn.
- When grill is ready, grill chicken and corn until done.
- Cut the kernels off the corn and slice the chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk together.
- Take two large plates and split the salad ingredients evenly between them.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 7gSugar: 23gProtein: 43g
(slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats)