This quick flank steak salad recipe is loaded with fresh and vibrant Asian inspired flavor, juicy mangos, and is ready in less than 30 minutes! This flavorful dinner salad will satisfy your family for a quick and easy meal this summer!
Salads might be my new favorite thing. I know I said before that they were too much work, but I might be changing my tune. Turns out I just wasn’t making the right kinds of salads. While this one did have a seemingly long list of ingredients, it went together really quickly, and was oh my gosh, so delicious! I don’t think I’ve ever really stuffed my face with salad before, but I definitely scarfed this one down.
Check out 9 Healthy and Filling Summer Dinner Salads, including:
Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken Salad – Spicy and sweet, this dinner salad is packed with flavor!
- Grilled Chicken, Corn and Blueberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – This Summer Dinner Salad with Grilled Chicken, Corn, Blueberry and Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect weeknight meal for a hot summer evening!
- Strawberry, Avocado and Bacon Salad with Creamy Dressing – This salad is perfect for summer and fresh produce!
- Southwest Steak Salad – This salad is perfect if you are craving tacos but need something healthier.
- Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing – This Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing is a great summer time dinner salad – filled with the colors, textures, and flavors that you crave in a simple and easy dinner!
- Summer Kale Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette – This easy salad is quick to pull together but totally satisfying!
Get your kids in the kitchen! How they can help make this Asian Steak Salad:
The more you get your kids involved in what goes down in the kitchen, the more likely they will be to eat the meal! Here are some simple ways that your kids can help you cook:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you wash and dry the produce and pick the cilantro and mint leaves off the stems. They can also help you measure out ingredients for the dressing and shake the mason jar.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help you cut the green onions, cilantro, mint, and mango. They can also help measure and mix together the marinade for the steak and assemble the salads.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you slice the steak after you grill it.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
There’s is nothing I love more than seeing you guys make my recipes! If you make this Asian Steak Salad Recipe don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Asian Steak Marinade:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 TBSP minced fresh garlic
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 1 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP reduced fat peanut butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage (or purple for more color!)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
To Prepare the Asian Flank Steak:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the cilantro, 1 TBSP sugar, ginger, garlic, fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the beef and let stand 15 minutes to marinate.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Grill 5 minutes each side, or until grilled to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil and allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
To Make the Peanut Dressing:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, water, peanut butter, remaining 2 tsp sugar, and pepper.
- Add the lettuce, cabbage, mint leaves, and green onions and toss to coat.
Assemble the Salad:
- Divide the salad evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with mango and grilled beef.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 458 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 657mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 40g