This easy summer kale salad is topped with all the best summer produce and a homemade blueberry vinaigrette dressing. A simple and quick dinner salad that is satisfying and delicious.
This summer kale salad is the peak of perfection! Quick to put together, delicious, and satisfying! This makes an excellent dinner on a hot evening on the back day.
This baby kale salad is so perfect for quick summer dinners because its really just piling things onto the plate. There’s no cooking and almost no prep work.
The blueberry vinaigrette might be my favorite part of this dinner salad. It has a bright and fun flavor thanks to fresh blueberries!
Love a good dinner salad? Try our family favorites like cheeseburger salad, southwest steak salad, thai kale salad with peanut dressing. And don’t forget to head over to my guide on how to make kid friendly salad to get all the tips you need on feeding dinner salad to kids.
How to make summer kale salad
This dinner salad is really simple to make! For the full set of directions, please make sure to scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview:
Make the blueberry vinaigrette
- Combine fresh blueberries, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, and salt and pepper into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until it is smooth and combined.
- Place in the fridge to chill while you assemble the rest of the salad.
Assemble the salad
- Prepare all the produce – wash and dry everything. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Divide the kale between two plates.
- Top with corn, blueberries, tomatoes, chèvre cheese and sliced almonds.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on top.
This salad is great when served as is, but if you want a little more protein, add in some sliced grilled steak or grilled chicken.
This salad does best when you assemble it right before you eat it. If you want to prep it ahead of time (like taking it for lunch somewhere), assemble the salad but keep the salad and the dressing separate until right before you eat.
The blueberry vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days in advanced, stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
This salad is also awesome to use with fresh summer corn from the cob! Try to microwave corn on the cob to make it easier and quicker.
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches baby kale
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels cut from the cob
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz chèvre, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Pulse a few times, until all is smooth and combined.
- Pour into a jar or lidded container and place in the fridge to chill while you assemble the salad.
- Divide the kale between two salad plates.
- Top with corn, blueberries, tomatoes, chèvre, and almonds.
- Drizzle the dressing on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 743Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 12gSugar: 33gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. For the most accurate information, please calculate using your specific brands and exact measurements.