This quick and easy dinner salad is a perfect summer time meal! With tons of flavor and simple ingredients, this southwest steak salad is sure to be big hit!
Check out 9 Healthy and Filling Summer Dinner Salads, including:
Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken Salad – Spicy and sweet, this dinner salad is packed with flavor!
- Grilled Asian Flank Steak and Mango Salad – This quick salad recipe is loaded with fresh and vibrant flavor!
- Grilled Chicken, Corn and Blueberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – This Summer Dinner Salad with Grilled Chicken, Corn, Blueberry and Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect weeknight meal for a hot summer evening!
- Strawberry, Avocado and Bacon Salad with Creamy Dressing – This salad is perfect for summer and fresh produce!
- Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing – This Thai Kale Salad with Chicken and Peanut Dressing is a great summer time dinner salad – filled with the colors, textures, and flavors that you crave in a simple and easy dinner!
- Summer Kale Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette – This easy salad is quick to pull together but totally satisfying!
- 1 pound skirt steak
- salt and pepper
- 2 hearts of romain lettuce, torn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 english cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 6 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium high.
- Cut the steak into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil - let rest 5 minutes, then slice thin.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chile, lime juice, honey, 1/2 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the oil and any juices that have accumulated from the steak.
- Pour over the salad and toss.
- Add steak and toss again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 579 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 207mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 35g