Lemon Cornbread Recipe
How do you make the best cornbread?
- Make sure that the oven and the pan is preheated completely. Allow the pan to warm up in the oven, and give it a full 10 minutes to keep heating past when your oven signals that it is hot.
- Mix until just combined – over mixing will lead to dry, tough cornbread.
Need some easy bread ideas to serve with dinner? Try these:
- Quick Skillet Focaccia – This easy focaccia recipe delivers a crisp crust and a tender crumb! It’s perfect every time.
- Cheddar Cornbread with Pepitas – Crumby and moist, with a great cheddar cheese flavor and crunch from pepitas, this cornbread recipe is perfect for fall!
- Whole Wheat Tortillas – Soft and flavorful, these easy tortillas are the perfect addition to taco night!
- Sourdough Naan – This sourdough naan recipe is so easy its foolproof! Delicious and flavorful naan is right around the corner with this great recipe!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make this lemon cornbread with thyme for dinner, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR QUICK BREADS BOARD on Pinterest!
- 1 box corn bread mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- zest from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 17-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into its center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool completely (or at least mostly) before removing from the pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 90mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g