Lemon Cornbread with thyme is an easy savory cornbread recipe that is quick but delicious that pairs equally well with any main entree or with a slab of butter and a drizzle of honey for an afternoon snack.
Lemon Cornbread Recipe
This cornbread is not a true “Southerner Cornbread”, which has crispy edges, is slightly crumbly, cooked in a cast iron skillet.
It is also not a “Northern Cornbread”, which is cakier and is typically baked in a cake pan.
Let’s call this a “Midwestern Cornbread” – its cooked in a loaf pan, but still has crispy edges, its partly moist but partly crumbly, and its got fun flavor from the addition of lemon zest and fresh thyme.
No matter where you come from, or how your grandmother made her cornbread, this easy and simple cornbread recipe is delicious and a great addition to your family weeknight meal!
This Lemon Cornbread with Thyme pairs perfectly with something like Spiced Pork Meatballs or a good soup!
How do you make the best cornbread?
To make the best cornbread, follow these easy tips:
- Make sure that the oven and the pan is preheated completely. Allow the pan to warm up in the oven, and give it a full 10 minutes to keep heating past when your oven signals that it is hot.
- Mix until just combined – over mixing will lead to dry, tough cornbread.
Need some easy bread ideas to serve with dinner? Try these:
- Quick Skillet Focaccia – This easy focaccia recipe delivers a crisp crust and a tender crumb! It’s perfect every time.
- Cheddar Cornbread with Pepitas – Crumby and moist, with a great cheddar cheese flavor and crunch from pepitas, this cornbread recipe is perfect for fall!
- Sourdough Naan – This sourdough naan recipe is so easy its foolproof! Delicious and flavorful naan is right around the corner with this great recipe!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make this lemon cornbread with thyme for dinner, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR QUICK BREADS BOARD on Pinterest!
Lemon Thyme Cornbread
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This easy savory cornbread with lemon and thyme is a quick but delicious quick bread recipe.
- 1 box corn bread mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- zest from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 17-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into its center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool completely (or at least mostly) before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Friday 20th of September 2019
Last night, we had this cornbread recipe (using vegan egg sub) and it was the most delicious cornbread recipe ever. It was moist and crumbly. Perfectly delicious in every way