Zucchini Trifolati is an easy summer side dish! Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes, and Basil combine together perfectly for this tasty vegetable side dish recipe that pairs perfectly with any summer bbq!
Let it be said that I have a weakness for Farmers Markets. Ok, its not really a weakness as much as an absolute addiction. It is my heroin. In fact, if I saw a Farmers Market on the street corner, I would allow it to take me by the hand, lead me down a dark alley and have its way with me. I just can't help myself!
The colors of all the fresh produce, all locally grown, the people selling fresh eggs, homemade pies and breads, different flavored honeys, fresh, local, organic meats, buckets of spices just waiting to be smelled. I just have to dive right in and spend every cent I happen to have on my pockets. It matters not if I have the ability to eat everything that I buy, and more often than not I always overbuy. I can't help it. I try and restrain myself, but I get jittery and crabby and wake up at 3 am the next morning beating myself up because I didn't buy that sweet corn.
What is Trifolati?
How to Make Trifolati?
- Slice the vegetables and herbs. You will want to squeeze the cherry tomatoes to get rid of their excess juices, which will make your zucchini squashy.
- Heat 2 TBSP of good olive oil into a sauté pan and when it is good and hot, add the sliced zucchini.
- Allow the zucchini to just sit for a few minutes before carefully flipping over. You don't want to stir it too much or your zucchini will break down and become mushy.
- Add the garlic, then the cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook this for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is tender and fragrant.
- Mix in the basil and some really good olive oil.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make this Trifolati for dinner, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 zucchini
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A small handful of fresh chopped basil
- A really good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchini into cubes, about ½" thick.
- Squeeze the cherry tomatoes to drain of their juices. Try and get all the juices you can out. Go ahead and throw away the juice, you don't need it.
- In a large saute pan over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, saute the zucchini.
- When the zucchini is just starting to brown, add the garlic.
- When the zucchini has browned well, add in the cherry tomatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook this for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the basil and pour a little of the really good olive oil in.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let this sit for 10 minutes before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g