Mango lemonade is a flavorful and easy drink recipe that kids will love! Fresh or frozen mango is pureed and mixed into a homemade lemonade. Easy and refreshing!
We love trying out different drinks from around the world, like watermelon agua fresca, Korean strawberry milk, or simple mango lassi. This mango lemonade is inspired by similar drinks that can be found in East Africa, and its an easy way to add more global flavors to your kids favorite eats!
This recipe is really quick and easy to make, meaning you and your family can enjoy it in no time! It is the perfect recipe to have on hand for hot summer days. Use fresh ripe mangos, or make it all year long with frozen mango that has been thawed.
How to make homemade mango lemonade
This recipe is very simple to make! Here is a brief overview of the recipe to give you an idea of how it works. For the full set of directions and measurements, please make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below!
- In a small saucepan, combine the granulated sugar with 1 cup of water, stirring over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat and allow to sit and cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a food processor, combine the cubed mango with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the juice out, using a spoon to help push as much of the juice through as possible. Throw away the leftover solids.
- In a pitcher, combine the simple syrup, pureed mango, lemon juice, lime juice, and remaining water.
- Serve over ice, garnishing with fresh mint if desired.
Timing of this recipe
This recipe is ready to go in no time at all! You will need about 5 minutes to make the simple syrup, and about 10 minutes to prepare the rest of the ingredients and mix everything together.
This recipe will keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. The lemonade might separate as it sits, so give it a good stir before you serve it.
How to serve this to your family
This lemonade is perfect on its own, or as part of a meal. Since it comes from East Africa, serve it with a meal like beef pilau.
Serve it chilled with ice and fresh mint for a fun drink the whole family will love.
Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Mango Lemonade Recipe
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water divided
- 2 cups mango, chopped very ripe (or frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup lemon juice or 4 lemons
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice or 1 lime
- Optional Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a small saucepan, combine the granulated sugar with 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit and cool while you prepare the remainder of the ingredients.
- Place the mango in a food processor with 1 cup of water.
- Puree until smooth.
- Strain the mango through a fine mesh sieve to remove as much of the leftover solid pieces as you can. Use a spoon or spatula to help press as much of the juice through as possible. Discard the leftover solids.
- In a pitcher, combine the cooled simple syrup, pureed mango, the lemon juice, the lime juice, and the remaining 1/2 cup of water.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with fresh mint sprigs if desired.