Mango Lassis are a cool and refreshing Indian drink to serve alongside your family’s meal. Simple and quick to make at home, your kids will love this special beverage!
The mango lassi is a simple and easy drink recipe that is a perfect addition to your Indian inspired meal! They pair great with more heavily spiced dishes like chicken tikka masala because they help to take out some of the heat and refresh the palate. Another great palate refresher is the cucumber raita.
How to make a mango lassi
Mango lassi is a super simple recipe to make! There are basically three steps:
- Add all the ingredients into a blender.
- Process until smooth.
*Note: You can use either fresh or frozen mango!
Prepping ahead of time
This mango lassi is so simple to make that you don’t really need to make it ahead of time! You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days in an air tight container, too!
How to make mango lassi kid friendly
This mango lassi is a great drink to serve to all family members because it is cool, sweet, and has minimal ingredients! Get your kids involved in making it and interested in trying it.
Dinner conversations with kids
Dinner time is an excellent time to help your kids explore food in a fun and stress free way. The following ideas will help your kids think about their food in a more analytical way instead of in an emotional response. Try these conversation starters:
- Texture – what is the texture of the mango lassi? What does it feel like in your mouth? What is the temperature? Is it smooth or grainy? It is thick, thin, velvety, slippery?
- Taste – Which of the 5 taste sensations can you detect? What flavors can you find?
- Do you like this? What do you think would make it better?
Read more about how to explore the sense of taste with kids.
Impress your kids: a lassi is like an ancient smoothie! The lassi was the first blended yogurt drink in the world and has been enjoyed since 1000 BC!
How to serve mango lassi to your family
Mango lassi is a delicious and easy drink that you can serve with your family’s favorite Indian recipes like chicken tikka masala. Its cool temperature and sweet flavor make it a perfect addition to a more spiced meal.
Pour into individual glasses and drink up! Even toddlers can enjoy this drink.
Kids in the kitchen: How your kids can help you cook
Getting your kids in the kitchen is an amazing way to help them be more interested in trying new foods and confident in their own abilities. This mango lassi recipe is great because it is perfect for beginner cooks. And it is a great recipe for kids to experiment and become more comfortable with new flavors – which means they are more likely to eat it!
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the ingredients.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above, plus help you add the ingredients to the food processor.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you use the food processor and pour the drinks into separate glasses.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make this mango lassi, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR DRINKS BOARD on Pinterest!
Simple Mango Lassi Recipe
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed mango either fresh or frozen
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Add all the ingreidents to a food processor and blend until smooth.