This simple berry fruit salad packs a huge flavor punch. Juicy sweet strawberries, raspberries and blackberries and blueberries are drizzled with a honey-lime dressing with poppy seeds and fresh garden mint. A great easy side dish for all your summer celebrations!
This berry salad is great all year long, but its perfect when the berries are super fresh and in season.
You can grab some mint fresh from the garden, a drizzle of honey and a squirt of lime juice.
I often have a big bowl of this ready to go in the fridge! It is great to serve alongside any meal, and it is perfect to take to picnics and barbecue parties.
Looking for more perfect summer side dishes? Try these easy recipes:
- Simple Summer Strawberry Salad – This simple salad takes less than two minutes to make, and really shines with great summer produce. A perfect side or main meal.
- Best Broccoli Salad – This broccoli salad is the best broccoli salad for picnics and parties! It is an easy side dish with tons of flavor that everyone will be begging for the recipe!
- Easy Swedish Cucumber Salad – This easy cucumber salad is the perfect Swedish side dish. It only takes a few ingredients and 5 minutes to put together but is a fresh and fun side dish.
How to make this berry fruit salad
This is such a simple summer side dish to make! For the full recipe and directions, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make this:
- Mix the dressing. Using a mason jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing and shake thoroughly to mix. Set aside.
- Mix the fruit. In a medium sized serving bowl, add the berries and fruit.
- Add the dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the berries and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish. Add the fresh chopped mint and Enjoy!
Can I make this berry salad ahead of time? You bet! This salad is best on the day that it is made, but you can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Add the mint only when you are ready to serve this, as the mint can overpower the other flavors of the recipe over time.
Can I change out the berries? Yes! This recipe works great with one kind of berry, or multiple. Feel free to leave one out or add more in. You can also add in watermelon,
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint cherries
Honey Lime Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the honey, lime juice and poppy seeds until well combined.
- Wash the fruit.
- Hull and slice the strawberies into quarters.
- Place all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and gently toss.
- When ready to serve, add the mint.
Add the mint when ready to serve. When it sits too long in the dressing it tends to wilt a little and not look as pretty and vibrant. Its flavor also tends to overpower the other flavors after a while. Leftovers are still tasty, just not as pretty and really minty!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g