This simple fruit salad packs a huge flavor punch. Juicy sweet berries pair with a honey-lime dressing, poppy seeds and fresh garden mint.
Produce is one of those things that we spend a good portion of our food budget on. We offer a fruit and veggie at every meal, at snacks, and often incorporate them into our special desserts. Generally, we just eat a lot of them. I try to buy a lot of seasonal produce to help offset the cost, but the reality of the situation is that thanks to modern grocery stores, we can get most produce pretty much year round.
But in the summer time our berry consumption alway seem to quadruple - we eat sooo much of them! This berry salad is great all year long, but its perfect when the berries are super fresh and in season, you can grab some mint fresh from the garden, a drizzle of honey and a squirt of lime juice. I often have a big bowl of this ready to go in the fridge.
Looking for more perfect summer side dishes? Try these easy recipes:
- Simple Summer Strawberry Salad - This simple salad takes less than two minutes to make, and really shines with great summer produce. A perfect side or main meal.
- Blackberry Basil Corn Salad - This salad is bursting with flavor and is easy to make.
- Best Broccoli Salad - This broccoli salad is the best broccoli salad for picnics and parties! It is an easy side dish with tons of flavor that everyone will be begging for the recipe!
- Easy Swedish Cucumber Salad - This easy cucumber salad is the perfect Swedish side dish. It only takes a few ingredients and 5 minutes to put together but is a fresh and fun side dish.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint cherries
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the honey, lime juice and poppy seeds until well combined.
- Place all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and gently toss.
- When ready to serve, add the mint.
Add the mint when ready to serve. When it sits too long in the dressing it tends to wilt a little and not look as pretty and vibrant. Its flavor also tends to overpower the other flavors after a while. Leftovers are still tasty, just not as pretty and really minty!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
Try these other recipes perfect for BBQ's and Summer Picnics!