This simple berry fruit salad packs a huge flavor punch. Juicy sweet strawberries, raspberries and blackberries and blueberries are drizzled with a honey-lime dressing with poppy seeds and fresh garden mint. A great easy side dish for all your summer celebrations!
This easy fruit salad recipe is made with mixed fruit and is perfect when the berries are super fresh and in season.
You can grab some mint fresh from the garden, a drizzle of honey and a squirt of lime juice.
I often have a big bowl of this ready to go in the fridge! It is great to serve alongside any meal, and it is perfect to take to picnics and barbecue parties.
How to make a berry fruit salad
This recipe is very simple to make! Here is a brief overview of the recipe to give you an idea of how it works. For the full set of directions and measurements, please make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below!
- Mix the dressing. Using a mason jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing and shake thoroughly to mix. Set aside.
- Mix the fruit. In a medium sized serving bowl, add the berries and fruit.
- Add the dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the berries and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish. Add the fresh chopped mint and Enjoy!
- Choose berries that are in season and ripe for the best flavor.
- Wash the berries and let them dry before adding them to the fruit salad. If they are too wet, they will soften faster and create a mushy fruit salad.
- Don’t add the dressing to the salad too far in advance or the berries will get soft. Only prep ahead 30-60 minutes ahead of time.
Frequently asked questions
Can I make this berry salad ahead of time? I do think this salad is BEST on the day that it is made! But you can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. The berries will get softer as it sits. Add the mint only when you are ready to serve this, as the mint can overpower the other flavors of the recipe over time.
Can I change out the berries? Yes! This recipe works great with one kind of berry, or multiple. Feel free to leave one out or add more in. You can also add in watermelon!
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below! Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Berry Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Poppyseed Dressing
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint cherries
Honey Lime Poppyseed Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the honey, lime juice and poppy seeds until well combined.
- Wash the fruit.
- Hull and slice the strawberies into quarters.
- Place all the fruit in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and gently toss.
- When ready to serve, add the mint.