This easy grilled greek chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! Just a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes and you have a meal your family will love!
I often talk abut my love of food from around the world and how I strive to teach my children to enjoy flavors and ingredients from all different cultures.
I think its suuuuper important for my kids to be exposed to as many different things now as children. I want them to be comfortable and capable of eating dinner no matter who's house or what restaurant we are at. I want them to be able to eat dinner without crying, gagging, whining, or throwing temper tantrums because "Why can't they have chick-fil-a at every freaking meal"?
This easy greek grilled chicken recipe is a perfect example - its an easy meal, made with real ingredients, ready in about 30 minutes, and totally family friendly! (It would also be amazing with zucchini, red onion and red bell pepper threaded onto the skewers!)
Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe
This easy greek chicken recipe is a perfect recipe to enjoy on busy weeknight! With just a few minutes of prep work and a short marinade time, these are perfect for nights when you need easy!
Make sure you check out the Beginner’s Guide to Mediterranean Food for more tips and tricks on how to make Greek cuisine weeknight and kid-friendly!
Look at other Mediterranean Meals for Families!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, diced into small pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped dill
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in the marinade. Allow to sit while you make the tzatziki sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cucumber, salt and pepper, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and dill. Cover and place in the fridge while you grill the chicken.
- Turn on the grill and preheat.
- Using skewers, thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Grill over medium to medium-high heat about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with the tzatziki sauce.
- If you are using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before you grill!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 389mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g