This easy grilled greek chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! Just a few simple flavorful ingredients like olive oil, lemon, oregano, and garlic and 30 minutes and you have a meal your family will love!
I often talk abut my love of food from around the world and how I strive to teach my children to enjoy flavors and ingredients from all different cultures.
I think its suuuuper important for my kids to be exposed to as many different things now as children. I want them to be comfortable and capable of eating dinner no matter who’s house or what restaurant we are at. I want them to be able to eat dinner without crying, gagging, whining, or throwing temper tantrums because “Why can’t they have chick-fil-a at every freaking meal”?
This easy greek grilled chicken recipe is a perfect example – its an easy meal, made with real ingredients, ready in about 30 minutes, and totally family friendly! (It would also be amazing with zucchini, red onion and red bell pepper threaded onto the skewers!)
Try these other grilled kebob recipes:
How to make Grilled Greek Chicken
This easy greek chicken recipe is a perfect recipe to enjoy on busy weeknight! With just a few minutes of prep work and a short marinade time, these are perfect for nights when you need easy!
For the full set of directions, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below!
*Recipe Note: If you have wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for 30 minutes before starting so they don’t burn
- In a large bowl or zip-top bag, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, coriander, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, about 2″ cubes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade and allow to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes while you preheat the grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Grill over medium to medium-high heat about 3-4 minutes per side. The chicken is done when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Enjoy immediately.
Serve this with an easy side dish of fresh veggies with tzatziki dip and cumin roasted carrots and chickpeas or Mediterranean chickpea salad. Feeling like you want to go the extra mile? Try making your own homemade pita!
Look at other Mediterranean Meals for Families!
Leftover chicken kabobs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days!
Prep ahead information
This chicken can marinade for up to 4 hours, but don’t let it go longer than that or the chicken will start to break down and change texture. If you need to prep ahead sooner than that, you can do that by dicing the chicken and mixing the marinade (minus the olive oil), and storing both in the fridge until you are ready to start cooking.
Make sure you check out the Beginner’s Guide to Mediterranean Food for more tips and tricks on how to make Greek cuisine weeknight and kid-friendly!
Looking for more chicken recipes that aren’t boring? Try these!
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below! Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Grilled Greek Chicken Kebobs
This easy grilled greek chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! Just a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes and you have a meal your family will love!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- In a large ziplock bag, combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in the marinade. Allow to sit while you prepare the grill.
- Turn on the grill and preheat.
- Using skewers, thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Grill over medium to medium-high heat about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with the tzatziki sauce.
- If you are using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before you grill!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 35g
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. For the most accurate information, please calculate using your specific brands and exact measurements.
Wednesday 13th of April 2022
This is one of my favorite chicken kebabs. I love how easy it is to make and super delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
Saturday 29th of July 2017
I have always wanted to try food from Brazil.
Tuesday 1st of August 2017
Oh! I have been working on a recipe for churrasco! I just need to finish perfecting it!
Friday 21st of July 2017
These sound delicious! I have never heard of these boxes but they sound awesome! I want to try food from Scandinavia!
Friday 21st of July 2017
I have always wanted to try food from France. Especially the desserts.
Friday 21st of July 2017
I love Greek flavors! Can't wait to try this!