Looking for more easy side dishes? Try these!
How to Roast Spiced Carrots the Easy Way
Do you peel your carrots before roasting?
How to Prep Moroccan Spiced Roasted Carrots Ahead of Time:
- The spice mixture can be measured out and stored ahead of time in an air-tight container.
- The carrots can be washed and sliced into coins ahead of time. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge until ready to use, up to 4 days ahead.
How to Make Roasted Carrots Kid Friendly
Dinner Time Conversations about Roasted Carrots.
- These roasted carrots are spiced with a Moroccan spice blend. Do you know where Morocco is? (Its in Northern Africa). Can you think of anything else you have eaten from Africa?
- Do you think the different colors of carrots will taste different?
- Does the taste of the carrots change when you eat a carrot with a piece of feta cheese?
- Does the taste of the carrots change when you eat a piece with some fresh mint? What if you ate all three together?
- What do these carrots smell like to you? Do they remind you of anything you have eaten before?
- How do these carrots feel in your mouth? Are they crunchy or soft, tender or firm?
How to Serve Spiced Roasted Carrots
- Serve these carrots in a serving bowl on the table, allowing everyone to scoop how much they want onto their own plates. The rule is, what you take you have to eat. So if a child only takes on piece, that's ok! The point is to give them the responsibility and ownership of their plate.
- If you have little ones who are finicky about extra "stuff" on top of their food, you can choose to serve the feta cheese and fresh chopped mint on the side, allowing everyone to sprinkle their own garnishes. Again, its about giving them that responsibility and ownership!
Kids in the Kitchen: How Your Kids Can Help You Cook
Getting your kids in the kitchen is an amazing way to help them be more interested in trying new foods and confident in their own abilities in (and out of!) the kitchen. This easy spiced roasted carrot recipe is great because it helps kids learn to use XXXXX and they get practice whisking liquid ingredients and washing produce. This recipe is perfect for beginner cooks because it is so easy! And it is a great recipe for kids to experiment and become more comfortable with new flavors – which means they are more likely to eat it!
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the ingredients, wash the carrots, and pick the mint leaves off the stems.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above, plus help you toss the carrots in the spice mixture, chop the mint, and garnish finished dish with the goat cheese and chopped mint.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you cut the carrots into coins.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make these Moroccan Spiced Roasted Carrots don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR SIDE DISH BOARD on Pinterest!