This easy yet festive cocktail is the perfect way to ring in the New Year! Celebrate in style with these gorgeous and bright Orange Pomegranate Champagne Cocktails rimmed with gold glitter sprinkles!
I am SUPER excited that my friend Laura from Chocolate Covered Cheetah is here today to share this fantastic champagne cocktail with you! I have known Laura for years now – I actually forget how I came to know her, but we have been traveling in the same blogger circles for a while. I love her balance of healthy and indulgent recipes! A celebratory toast with this champagne cocktail to the new year seems especially poignant for me right now – we have much to be thankful for and we are definitely celebrating a new family member!
Hi! I’m Laura, I am the voice of Chocolate Covered Cheetah, a food focused blog with a variety of recipes for a balanced lifestyle! I’m so happy to be guest posting today for Jenni while she is on maternity leave! I’m so glad to meet all of you!
Today I am sharing a NYE cocktail recipe! Really you could drink this Orange Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail for any occasion, but it has a fancy vibe making it perfect for NYE celebrations!
Champagne is synonymous with celebration, which makes it the go-to beverage for New Years! You are either celebrating all the good things that have happened in the past year or you are celebrating saying “cya later 2017” and “hello to a brand new year”!
The new year is a time for a fresh start. Lots of people go on diets, or resolve to be better people by volunteering more or giving more to charity, others vow to be nicer to their parents/spouses/friends. It is time for a re-set and time to look to the future in hopes of a prosperous year.
That is where the pomegranate comes in! A lesser known symbol of celebration, the pomegranate represents prosperity. It was distinguished as such by the Ancient Egyptians and you can see it as a symbol in Greek Mythology.
So it doesn’t seem like a bad idea that we’ve cracked one open to add it to our NYE cocktail!
Start by making an orange pomegranate reduction, add that to a champagne flute, top with champagne, garnish with gold sprinkles, pomegranate seeds and orange rind and there you have it, a perfect cocktail to help ring in the New Year! I hope you enjoy this champagne cocktail!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- gold sprinkles, optional
- 1 bottle champagne
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Pour pomegranate juice into a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan
- Squeeze the juice of both oranges into the pan (about ½ cup), be careful not to let any seeds through
- Add sugar, whisk
- Bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce, let simmer about 5 minutes, cool
- While it's cooling, if using the sprinkles, wet the rim of the champagne flute and dip the flute in a pile of sprinkles to coat the rim, set aside
- Using a potato peeler, slice a few pieces of orange rind from the oranges to use as garnish
- Pour ⅙ of the cooled mixture into a champagne flute, top with champagne
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and orange rind
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Things you might need (affiliate links):
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00CRJA5N4″ locale=”US” tag=”gingeredwhisk-20″]Edible Gold Glitter[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01CRHXUY6″ locale=”US” tag=”gingeredwhisk-20″]Champagne Flutes[/easyazon_link]
– Laura, Chocolate Covered Cheetah
Looking for other fun and festive ways to ring in the New Year? Check out these recipes: