When I was younger, I would go over to my best friend Dana’s house and her mom would make us some really special popcorn. Peanut Butter popcorn to be exact. A whole roaster pan of it. And through the sleep-over party we would no doubt eat the entire thing. Yes, 2 pre-teen girls + a roaster pan full of popcorn. It was amazing and delicious and sooo addictive.
I have always made this with corn syrup before, but as I was pouring the corn syrup in I always cringed a little (and then promptly forgot about it as I was stuffing my face). But in my quest to help my family eat a little less processed, I decided to make this version with no corn syrup and instead use another sweet and sticky substitute – honey!
This quick and easy popcorn recipe makes one heck of a treat – chewed and gooey with just her with hint of sweetness. Its perfectly addictive and the perfect movie night snack!
So invite some friends over, pick out an awesome movie, and indulge in some of this popcorn!!
Peanut Butter Popcorn Notes:
- You can use either Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter here! I have also tested this recipe with “conventional” peanut butter and organic, needs to be refrigerated peanut butter, and both have turned out stellar results. So go ahead and use whichever kind you want.
- For an extra special treat, add in some salted roasted peanuts, chocolate covered candies, or even chocolate chips! The more the merrier, right?
- If you place this in an tightly sealed container the peanut butter coating will stay softer and stickier. If you place this in a loosely covered container, the peanut butter coating will turn a bit harder and more resemble a peanut butter caramel corn.
Peanut Butter Day Recipes
- 3 Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by The Freshman Cook
- E.T. Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Swirled Fudge by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Fluffer Nutter Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- My Family’s Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe remake) by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Soulfully Made
- Nutter Butter Ice Cream Cone Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Granola Squares by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oatmeal by Frugal Pantry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter Mocha Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Butter Snowballs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Ginger Pasta by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Thai Inspired Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
This Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn makes for a deliciously addicting sweet and gooey treat – perfect for movie nights and sleepovers!
Looking for other awesome Peanut Butter treats? Try these out!