These chocolate stout and peanut butter swirled brownies are a decadent and rich treat. Fudgey brownies with a tang of stout beer, swirled with decadent creamy peanut butter.
- 125 g semi sweet chocolate
- 100g butter
- 100 ml chocolate stout beer (or regular stout would work, too)
- 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP dutch process cocoa powder
- 75 g flour
- 190 g sugar
- 160 g peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- Grease a 7" or 8" square tin and line with parchment paper (let the paper hang over the edges so you can pull the brownies out easier).
- Place the chocolate pieces and the butter (cut up) into a heatproof bowl.
- Heat over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring constantly, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, and flour.
- Add the melted ingredients, chocolate stout, and eggs and stir until just barely combined (don't overmix!)
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Heat the peanut butter for a few seconds in the microwave until it can be easily stirred.
- Drop dollops of peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter into the brownie mix to make the swirly pattern.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and Enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 102mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g