These simple black bean brownies are decadent, rich, and ultra moist. These flourless brownies are packed with protein rich black beans but are so delicious no one will ever guess!
Adding Black Beans to Brownies
What are the benefits of using black beans in the brownies?
Adding black beans to your brownies is an awesome way to pack in extra nutrition into your desserts without sacrificing any flavor or texture. Black beans are packed with protein, fiber, Vitamin B6, and folate. They are also really heart healthy.
Beyond the health benefits of adding more black beans do your diet, using black beans in this recipe helps to create an ultra fudgey texture and makes brownies with a complex and rich flavor.
What do black bean brownies taste like?
That’s a great question! These brownies have two special ingredients that give these brownies a rich, complex flavor that you won’t believe! We are using a combination of coffee and balsamic vinegar in these brownies! I know, its weird, but trust me!
And don’t be afraid of using either – I swear you can’t taste them! I fed these to my mom, who swears she can taste even the slightest hint of coffee, and she had no clue!
No one will guess what is in these brownies. No one.
Be brave and try them, you wont be disappointed! Just don’t eat the whole pan by yourself, ok?
Try these other favorite brownie recipes:
How to make black bean brownies
These brownies are super simple to make! For the full set of directions, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below.
- Preheat the oven and prepare the baking pan.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
RECIPE TIP: You must use a good high powered food processor to get a nice smooth batter. That is key to having these be great brownies!
Want to make these extra amazing? Top these with some peanut butter frosting to make them truly decadent!
How to store
Store these brownies, once fully cooled, in an air tight container on the counter for up to four days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you make and love this recipe, it would mean so much to me if you would leave a comment and rating!
Simple Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coffee
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8×8 square baking pan.
- Using a food processor, blend together all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) together until smooth.
- Fold 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly on the top.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and Enjoying!
(recipe adapted from Skinny Taste)