I love this recipe for lemon rosemary chicken and zucchini kebobs! It has to be one of my favorite summer meals. It is quick to make the chicken and zucchini kebobs, the recipe is light and healthy but also filling, and it has fantastic flavor! To save time, you could whisk up the marinade the night before or in the morning, and then after a quick marinade, its time to grill!
The combination of the fresh rosemary and lemon zest is perfect – refreshing and perfectly paired. And who doesn’t like grilled zucchini?!
This is quick and easy enough to throw together during the week, but tastes special enough to be served to guests, which I have definitely done before! It’s a win-win!
Serve these lemon rosemary chicken grilled kebobs with zucchini with a simple side of rice, couscous, or other whole grain.
Cooking with Children:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the marinade ingredients, help soak the wooden skewers and wash the zucchini.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help you do all the above, plus help you zest the lemons and slice the zucchini into coins!
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do all the above, plus help you assemble the skewers!
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- Place rind, rosemary, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 teaspoon garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, juice, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- Thread chicken and zucchini alternately onto each of 12 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 12 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once. Drizzle with juice mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 521mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g