I love this recipe for lemon rosemary chicken and zucchini kebobs! It has to be one of my favorite summer meals. It is quick to make the chicken and zucchini kebobs, the recipe is light and healthy but also filling, and it has fantastic flavor! To save time, you could whisk up the marinade the night before or in the morning, and then after a quick marinade, its time to grill!
The combination of the fresh rosemary and lemon zest is perfect – refreshing and perfectly paired. And who doesn’t like grilled zucchini?!
This is quick and easy enough to throw together during the week, but tastes special enough to be served to guests, which I have definitely done before! It’s a win-win!
Serve these lemon rosemary chicken grilled kebobs with zucchini with a simple side of rice, couscous, or other whole grain.
Cooking with Children:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the marinade ingredients, help soak the wooden skewers and wash the zucchini.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help you do all the above, plus help you zest the lemons and slice the zucchini into coins!
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do all the above, plus help you assemble the skewers!
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
These easy chicken and zucchini kabobs with lemon rosemary marinade are an easy and family friendly weeknight meal. Lemon Rosemary Chicken is grilled to perfection with tender coins of zucchini.
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
Keywords: Chicken and Zucchini, Grilled Chicken Recipe, Zucchini Recipe, Chicken Kabob Recipe