This seasoned potato wedges recipe is so easy, and is a great side dish for the hot summer months when you don’t want to cook anything indoors. Also, you can prepare these many different ways, so it can always be something a little different!
Parboiling these before you stick them on the grill helps to make the inside of the wedges super soft like french fries, while the grilling helps to make the outside nice and crispy.
How do you cook potatoes on the grill?
This recipe is very simple to make! Here is a brief overview of the recipe to give you an idea of how it works. For the full set of directions and measurements, please make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below!
Prep the potatoes
Wash the potatoes and slice them into wedges lengthwise.
Place the potato wedges in boiling water for about 5 minutes. This cooks them partway and helps them to stay nice and tender on the inside during grilling. You want them to be just soft enough to be pierced easily with a knife but still firm and holding their shape.
Allow them to cool for a few minutes and then coat with olive oil and seasoning.
Grill the potatoes over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes per side, flipping only once to get nice grill marks.
Can you cook potatoes without boiling?
I know that parboiling adds another step to your cooking, and you might be wondering if you can just skip it. I highly recommend that you don’t. Without parboiling, the potatoes become hard on the inside and are more likely to burn on the outside.
How to serve seasoned grilled potato wedges:
These are so similar to french fries that you can serve them so many ways – serve with a great dipping sauce like ketchup, ranch, bbq sauce, or a fun homemade aioli recipe!
How to store and reheat leftovers
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the oven on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 F until warmed through.
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below! Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Grilled Potato Wedges
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Parboil the potatoes for 5-6 minutes in a large pot of boiling water (you can also microwave them in a microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes on high).
- Remove from water and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Coat in olive oil and herbs (I found it easiest to do this in a plastic bag).
- Grill until there are nice grill marks on each side of the potato, about 5-7 minutes per side.