These Blueberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls are a perfect brunch or special breakfast recipe!
Love a good cinnamon roll recipe? Boy do I have the recipe collection for you:
- Easy Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls – These Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls are a perfect and easy breakfast – whether you are celebrating a holiday or just looking for a special breakfast, these cinnamon rolls are delicious!
- Chocolate Pecan Sticky Rolls with Bourbon Caramel – These sticky rolls are the ultimate decadent treat. Soft and flaky brioche is swirled with generous amounts of chocolate, toasted pecans, and cinnamon and then baked in a bath of gooey bourbon infused caramel. A treat this amazing deserves to be enjoyed and savored while it is still warm from the oven.
- Foolproof Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – The best overnight cinnamon rolls recipe – and the only one you need! These are fantastic and foolproof – the compliments you will receive after baking these make the time worth it!
- Easy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These sourdough rolls have great sourdough flavor!
- Spiced Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These spiced sweet rolls are made with roasted squash, lots of warm spices, chopped walnuts and a lovely maple glaze. The perfect way to welcome fall!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Rolls – These sweet rolls are a perfect spring treat! Bright lemon flavors combine with cream cheese to make a lovely breakfast treat!
- Caramelized Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – These cinnamon rolls are studded with apples, cinnamon and walnuts and topped with a browned butter cream cheese frosting. They are a true fall delight!
- Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These best homemade cinnamon rolls is the last recipe you need! This is seriously the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe ever and makes a ton to share!
- Billowy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These long fermented Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls are dangerously addicting. Giant, billowy cinnamon rolls topped with a wonderful glaze, these are the bakery quality cinnamon rolls that dreams are made of. They are worth every ounce of work and every calorie.
- Roasted Banana Overnight Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These cinnamon rolls are breakfast heaven. Roasted bananas, sweet dough, and a maple glaze combine perfectly into these delicious breakfast treats.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 2 cups Milk
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 cups flour
- 2 TBSP melted butter, for after baking
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- sliced almonds for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yeast and warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, until foamy and yeasty smelling.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cut the cold butter into the flour until it resembles small peas.
- Stir yeast mixture and milk into the dry ingredients and mix well, kneading just a few turns.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow to proof in a warm place for 70 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and eggs and mix until well combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll it into a large rectangle about 1/8" thick.
- Spread the melted butter over the surface of the dough.
- Place dollops of the cream cheese on top and then gently spread to get it evenly across (this will be messy, just go with it).
- Sprinkle on the blueberries.
- Gently roll the dough up into a log.
- Cut into 24 equally sized rolls (about 2" a piece) and place into 2-9x13 pans that have been greased.
- Cover and allow to rise in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, allow the rolls to sit on the counter while you preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Brush with the 2 TBSP melted butter and then return to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you mix the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the glaze together until smooth.
- Drizzle over the rolls (you don't have to use all of it).
- Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I don't recommend trying to half this recipe. If you don't need the full 2 dozen, I suggest putting half in a freezable container and freezing before the second rise.
When you are ready to bake, let them thaw in the fridge overnight and then place on the counter to proof while the oven pre-heats. Bake for the usual time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g