Whee!! It’s September! And as I am typing this, its currently 48 degrees outside! There are crunchy leaves on the ground and acorns are scattered everywhere. Fall is here!!!!!!!!!! This is my favorite time of year, when the grass is still green, but its cool and crisp out and fall colors are just starting to appear. We have been spending every second we can outside. We had a wonderful potluck picnic in the park with a group of friends, and Ladybug and I went for a beautiful walk yesterday and collected fun things we found on the ground and made a September Collage (her first time using glue!).
|Peanut, of course, had to help make the collage.|
Love a good cinnamon roll recipe? Boy do I have the recipe collection for you:
- Easy Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls – These Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls are a perfect and easy breakfast – whether you are celebrating a holiday or just looking for a special breakfast, these cinnamon rolls are delicious!
- Chocolate Pecan Sticky Rolls with Bourbon Caramel – These sticky rolls are the ultimate decadent treat. Soft and flaky brioche is swirled with generous amounts of chocolate, toasted pecans, and cinnamon and then baked in a bath of gooey bourbon infused caramel. A treat this amazing deserves to be enjoyed and savored while it is still warm from the oven.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Rolls – These blueberry sweet rolls have a cream cheese filling and are studded with sliced almonds.
- Foolproof Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – The best overnight cinnamon rolls recipe – and the only one you need! These are fantastic and foolproof – the compliments you will receive after baking these make the time worth it!
- Easy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These sourdough rolls have great sourdough flavor!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Rolls – These sweet rolls are a perfect spring treat! Bright lemon flavors combine with cream cheese to make a lovely breakfast treat!
- Caramelized Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – These cinnamon rolls are studded with apples, cinnamon and walnuts and topped with a browned butter cream cheese frosting. They are a true fall delight!
- Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These best homemade cinnamon rolls is the last recipe you need! This is seriously the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe ever and makes a ton to share!
- Billowy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These long fermented Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls are dangerously addicting. Giant, billowy cinnamon rolls topped with a wonderful glaze, these are the bakery quality cinnamon rolls that dreams are made of. They are worth every ounce of work and every calorie.
- Roasted Banana Overnight Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These cinnamon rolls are breakfast heaven. Roasted bananas, sweet dough, and a maple glaze combine perfectly into these delicious breakfast treats.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- dash of ground cloves
- 1 cup mashed, cooked winter squash (you can use any winter squash you like, I used butternut)
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 2 tsp water
- 3 TBSP finely chopped walnuts, toasted (toast then chop)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bread flour, 1 1/4 cups flour, salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the yeast mixture, squash, and oil and stir just until moist.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes), adding enough of the remaining flour 1 TBSP at a time to prevent sticking (the dough should feel tacky but not stick to everything).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, cover, and let sit to rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch the dough down, recover, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 20x12" rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the filling - the cinnamon, brown sugar, melted butter and water.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/4" border on the edges.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over top.
- Roll the dough, jelly roll style, starting with the long end.
- Cut the roll crosswise into 16 equal slices - I find it helpful to first cut the log in half (so each half is 8 slices) and then cut the halves into halves (so each quarter is worth 4 slices). Its easier to get equal slices that way.
- Place the rolls, cut side up, into a 9x13 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes. (you can also place the pan in the fridge at this point and bake it in the morning!)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 33 minutes or until brown. Cool the pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the water and maple syrup (or sugar) in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 TBSP of butter, the half-and-half and the vanilla.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle over the rolls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 235 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g