This Guinness Chocolate Cake Recipe is a rich and dense bundt cake that is perfect for celebrations! With just a hint of Guinness flavor coming through, and drizzles of salted caramel frosting good enough to eat by itself, this cake is perfect for any celebration – or just because.
Guinness Chocolate Cake Recipe Notes:
I made this cake to celebrate a friend’s birthday, and I can’t believe how awesome it turned out. The cake is dark, moist, and chocolatey, with just a hint of the guinness coming through. The salted caramel glaze on top is the perfect addition. And by itself, its amazing, too. My mom and I were literally eating it with spoons as fast as we could shove it in.
Truthfully. This cake does seem to taste better the next day, so try and make it ahead of when you need it. But don’t let that stop you from eating it the same day you bake if need be.
There’s is nothing I love more than seeing you guys make my recipes! If you make this Guinness Chocolate Cake Recipe, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR CAKE BOARD on Pinterest!
- 1 cup Guinness Stout
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 TBSP baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Icing:
- 5 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Fleur de Sel Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the guiness and butter to a light boil over medium heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add in the butter/Guinness mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just barely incorporated.
- Pour into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs on it.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cover in plastic wrap anyplace the fridge overnight.
Salted Caramel Glaze:
- In medium saucepan, bring the butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and salt to a rolling boil – stir constantly.
- Boil for ONE minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add about 1/2 cup powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Continue whisking in the powdered sugar a little at a time until you get the consistency that you want - you want it thick enough to pour nicely but not so thick that it won't drizzle.
- Remove the cake from the fridge.
- Place on a cake plate, and pour the salted caramel over the top.
- Sprinkle the Fleur de Sel over the icing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 495mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 47g Protein: 6g