These sticky rolls are the ultimate decadent treat. Soft and flaky brioche is swirled with generous amounts of chocolate, toasted pecans, and cinnamon and then baked in a bath of gooey bourbon infused caramel. A treat this amazing deserves to be enjoyed and savored while it is still warm from the oven.
Love a good cinnamon roll recipe? Boy do I have the recipe collection for you:
- Easy Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls – These Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls are a perfect and easy breakfast – whether you are celebrating a holiday or just looking for a special breakfast, these cinnamon rolls are delicious!
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Rolls – These blueberry sweet rolls have a cream cheese filling and are studded with sliced almonds.
- Foolproof Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – The best overnight cinnamon rolls recipe – and the only one you need! These are fantastic and foolproof – the compliments you will receive after baking these make the time worth it!
- Easy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These sourdough rolls have great sourdough flavor!
- Spiced Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These spiced sweet rolls are made with roasted squash, lots of warm spices, chopped walnuts and a lovely maple glaze. The perfect way to welcome fall!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Rolls – These sweet rolls are a perfect spring treat! Bright lemon flavors combine with cream cheese to make a lovely breakfast treat!
- Caramelized Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – These cinnamon rolls are studded with apples, cinnamon and walnuts and topped with a browned butter cream cheese frosting. They are a true fall delight!
- Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These best homemade cinnamon rolls is the last recipe you need! This is seriously the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe ever and makes a ton to share!
- Billowy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls – These long fermented Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls are dangerously addicting. Giant, billowy cinnamon rolls topped with a wonderful glaze, these are the bakery quality cinnamon rolls that dreams are made of. They are worth every ounce of work and every calorie.
- Roasted Banana Overnight Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze – These cinnamon rolls are breakfast heaven. Roasted bananas, sweet dough, and a maple glaze combine perfectly into these delicious breakfast treats.
- 3 TBSP yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5–6 cups flour
- 12 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP bourbon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups whole pecans
- 2 cups good quality chopped chocolate
Grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
In a microwave safe glass, warm the milk and butter in 30 second intervals until the butter is melted. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast, warm water and 1 TBSP of sugar.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Add the butter/milk mixture, the eggs, and the remaining 1 cup of sugar to the yeast and stir to combine.
Start adding 1 cup of flour at a time, mixing until you have reached a soft dough – you might not need to add all of the flour. You want a soft dough, but not an overly sticky dough.
Dump out on the counter and knead for 2 minutes (you can add a tiny bit more flour if you need to, but don’t add too much or your dough will become tough).
Place a tea towel over the dough and allow to rest for 20 minutes (during this time, start prepping the other things).
In a large skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans until fragrant and slightly darker (be careful to stir the whole time so they don’t burn).
Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted.
Stir in the brown sugar, cream, honey, salt and bourbon.
Bring to a simmer and allow to cook, without stirring for 3-5 minutes. You want a nice thick caramel-colored sauce!
Remove from heat and pour into the prepared baking pan.
Chop the nuts until you have 1 cup of chopped nuts.
Set those aside, and roughly break up the remaining nuts into large chunks.
Sprinkle the large chunks of pecans over the caramel in the baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt for the filling.
Melt the 1/2 cup of butter for the filling and set aside to cool.
Lightly flour your counter and roll out the dough into a very large rectangle.
Evenly brush the melted butter over the dough, leaving about 1/2″ border around the edges.
Sprinkle the filling evenly over the melted butter.
Sprinkle the chopped toasted pecans and the chopped chocolate over the filling.
Starting with the long edge of the dough, roll up into a log.
Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log into 2″ pieces, and place each piece cut side up into the prepared pan, nestling it into the caramel.
Cover the dish with a dish towel and allow to rest while the oven preheats to 350F.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes.
Place a serving tray upside down over the baking pan and flip the pan/tray so the rolls slide out onto the baking tray.
Arrange any of the caramel/nuts that might have stuck to the pan onto the rolls.
Serve warm, and Enjoy!