Don’t leave Asian food for take-out and Sunday buffets only! Bringing this cultural food into your home is not only easy, but also packed with fresh flavorful recipes, healthy ingredients, and is so easy for parents to make at home! This handy Beginner’s Guide to Kid Friendly Asian Food is the perfect way to expand your child’s palate.
When starting to introduce International cuisine to your family meals, Asian food is a great place to start! Not only to most people have some exposure to Asian cuisine already, but its easy to find fast, fresh, flavorful meals the whole family will enjoy!
Tips to Make Asian Food Kid Friendly:
- Include Known Favorites. Asian cuisine is so handy because you can add in pretty much any vegetable you have on hand! I always try to add in a few that are different colors or sizes to add some visual variety. Make sure that at least one is something that your kid already loves, and try one that they might not be so familiar with.
- RICE! Rice is a great fall back because kids love it! Its easy to make, its helps dilute new flavors and sauces, and its a basic staple for Asian cuisine. There are a bajillion varieties, but you can stick what you like on hand, whether its jasmine or brown, but either way – a bowl of plain rice is where its at.
- Noodles are included in a good majority of majority of Asian dishes, and can easily be swapped out for rice. Don’t get too hung up on the kind of noodle – they are easy to swap out!
Other Resource You Might Need:
Tools and Gadgets for Eating Asian Food at Home:
Jenni Ward/The Gingered Whisk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
You actually don’t need any fancy equipment to enjoy Asian food at home! The following are fun to have, though!
- Kid friendly chopsticks make eating Asian food not only seem authentic, but WAY FUN!
- A helps make rice SO fast and easy – plus it can keep it warm for hours! Its not essential to have, but its super nice to have if you have the cabinet space for it!
Kid Friendly Asian Recipes:
Here you will find great kid friendly recipes for your family, including several asian side dishes like Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce. Start with my family’s favorite recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Ramen.
The Beginner’s Guide to Asian Noodles will tell you everything you need to know about which kinds of noodles to buy and how to use them.
This simple beginner’s guide to types of Asian noodles is a clear and simple way to understand the differences between the most common forms of …
Chinese Broccoli with Garlic sauce is an easy and delicious kid-friendly side dish that pairs well with any Asian inspired weeknight meal! Ready in less …
These Easy Asian recipes are family friendly and perfect for busy nights. These quick and easy recipes beat take out and are ready in 30 …
These easy family friendly Asian Side Dishes are the perfect compliment to your weeknight meal. Asian Vegetable Recipes and Side Dishes that are …
This homemade ramen recipe is an easy slow cooker meal that is perfect for busy weeknights! This slow cooker pork is an easy ramen recipe …
This easy Thai Stir Fry with Pork and Broccolini is a great weeknight meal your family will love! With tender, bite sized pieces of pork, …