Has the New Year’s Cleaning/Organizing bug bit you as bad as it bit me? I can’t seem to stop! All I want to do is move stuff around, re-decorate, re-shift, and down-size. It doesn’t help that in addition to wanting to make things both look and feel cleaner, I am really ready to move already!
Isn’t that horrible? I mean, we have been here only 7 months and I am already wanting to look for someplace new. Yes, where we live is beautiful, and it has tons of natural lighting (when the sun is out!) and we have good friends who live in the same building/complex as us. But walking the dogs in the winter SUCKS! It’s really cold out there. And I am not a fan of bundling not only myself up, but Ladybug as well just to take Peanut outside so he can sniff the air for five minutes and then decide he doesn’t really have to go after-all. Please insert backyard here!!
We still have 4 months left on this lease before we can move out, but I am definitely going to start looking around. Especially since finding a place to rent the first time was such a debacle. So for now I’m entertaining myself with reorganizing every room and cabinet that I can. Don’t tell Joel, but I already spent the better part of this morning completely rearranging the kitchen! He hates when I do that (it might happen more often than you think…) because he can never find anything! But I didn’t move anything he uses! The forks, plates, and cups are exactly where he left them. It’s all the other stuff – the pie plates, the covered baking dishes, the cookie cutters. All that stuff, all my stuff, is in a new area! I have a lot more counter space now!
Looking for more perfect holiday side dishes? Try these great recipes:
- Italian Herb Roasted Carrots – These easy Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots are the perfect vegetable side dish for when you need a quick recipe you don’t have to think about! These tender roasted carrots are packed with flavor and are great with everything!
- Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole – This easy Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole is simple to make and delivers on flavor while keeping the ingredients soup-free!
- The Best Creamed Corn Recipe – This creamed corn is the absolute best. Easy to make, with real ingredients, your holiday table deserves this.
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley – Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Barley is a flavorful and healthy vegetable side dish recipe to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s easy to make and everyone loves the sweet, crispy Brussel sprouts, tart cranberries, and chewy barley!
- Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter – This easy recipe is simple but it has amazing flavor and is perfect for special meals.
- Apple Cranberry Stuffing – This best homemade stuffing recipe is studded with fresh apples, dried cranberries and thyme. Easy to make, this Apple Cranberry Stuffing is perfect to make for any meal, whether its a holiday or not!
- Orange Pecan Acorn Squash – This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Orange and Pecan is perfect for fall. A little bit sweet, a bit savory, a bit zesty. The orange, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans paired perfectly with the squash.
- 2 lb. frozen hashbrowns (the square kind)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2+ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients (except butter) together until well combined.
- Pour the casserole into the dish and spread evenly in the pan.
- Dot the top of the casserole with pads of butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 410 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 845mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 6g