Looking for more perfect holiday side dishes? Try these great recipes:
- Italian Herb Roasted Carrots - These easy Italian Herb Roasted Whole Carrots are the perfect vegetable side dish for when you need a quick recipe you don’t have to think about! These tender roasted carrots are packed with flavor and are great with everything!
- Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole - This easy Greek Yogurt Green Bean Casserole is simple to make and delivers on flavor while keeping the ingredients soup-free!
- The Best Creamed Corn Recipe - This creamed corn is the absolute best. Easy to make, with real ingredients, your holiday table deserves this.
- Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter - This easy recipe is simple but it has amazing flavor and is perfect for special meals.
- Cheesy Potato Casserole - Cheesy Potato Casserole is a staple at holiday meals. It is creamy, cheesy, and so delicious! You won’t be disappointed in your decision to enjoy it!
- Orange Pecan Acorn Squash - This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe with Orange and Pecan is perfect for fall. A little bit sweet, a bit savory, a bit zesty. The orange, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans paired perfectly with the squash.
Caramelized Brussel Sprouts Recipe Notes
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly toasted pecans
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking barley
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar (the good kind)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Heat a 12" cast iron skillet on the stove to medium-high heat.
- While things are heating, in a medium bowl, toss the Brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt.
- Dump the sprouts in the hot skillet and arrange so the flat sides are down.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the cranberries and transfer the skillet to the broiler (be careful - the pan is heavy and hot!)
- Broil for 3 minutes. You want the sprouts to be a little browned on top and caramelized on the bottom, and the cranberries should be just starting to pop.
- Place the sprouts and cranberries into a large bowl and toss in the warmed barley, cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and Enjoy!
- This recipe works best if you get all the elements in place BEFORE you start cooking! I also like to use quick-cooking barley, and cook it while I am preparing the Brussel sprouts.*
- Recipe from Cookie + Kate
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g