This easy grilled pork chops recipe is delicious and family friendly. The simple grilled pork chops are paired with a delicious simple cherry couscous recipe that your family will fight over.
How to Make Cherry Couscous
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- When cooked, add in olive oil, cherries, green onions, sliced almonds, lemon zest and juice, and then fluff and toss with a fork!
How to make the perfect grilled pork chops
- For perfect grilled pork chops, start with quality and thick cut pork chops.
- Bring the pork chops to room temperature before grilling. Take them out of the fridge about 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush the pork chops with olive oil on both sides before grilling (or give them a spray of cooking spray), this will help to create gorgeous beautiful grill lines.
- Preheat your grill to 350 F before you place the pork chops on.
What cut of pork chops is best for grilling?
- This recipe works equally well with bone in pork chops or loin chops.
- I chose to use loin chops.
- Make sure you buy a chop that is about 1.5″ – 2″ thick.
What temperature should Grilled Pork Chops Be?
- Gone are the days when pork chops need to be cooked until they resemble shoe leather.
- Grill pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145 F. Rest for 3 minutes before enjoying.
- The pork chops will be slightly pink inside, but will be tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked.
How to get your kids involved in the kitchen:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure out ingredients for the couscous, stir the final cooked couscous together and set the table.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help you do everything above, plus help remove the cherry pits, slice the green onions, zest and juice the lemon.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you grill the pork chops.
Love Pork Chops? Try these easy weeknight pork chop recipes:
Pork Chops with Cherry Couscous
- 3 TBSP olive oil divided
- 4 6 ounce pork chops
- 1 tsp salt divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 cup coursely chopped pitted cherries
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup dry roasted almonds chopped roughly
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush 1 TBSP of olive oil evenly over both sides of the pork and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place the pork on the grill rack and grill 4 minutes per side or until done. Let pork stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and add 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and stir in the remaining 2 TBSP of olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, the cherries, green onions, almonds, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve with the pork.