Barely taking a half hour to make, this braised pork chops recipe is in fact special enough that it seems like you spent the whole day in the kitchen! And I loved this recipe, it was veryvery good!
If you are looking for a dish that is both lovely and sophisticated AND can easily be prepared any night of the week, then look no further! These are perfect for having company over, a Sunday night, or, just because!
How to Make the Best Pork Chops
Braising pork chops is a great method to cook pork to be fork tender and delicious! A quick sear helps seal in juices and create a beautifully colored crust and then the pork chops finish cooking low and slow in a balsamic pan sauce to create an incredible weeknight meal.
What temperature should pork chops be cooked to?
Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, and then allowed to rest for 3 minutes.
Love Pork Chops? Try these easy weeknight pork chop recipes:
- Grilled Pork Chops with Orange and Grape Salsa
- Cocoa Spiced Pork Chops with Berry Compote
- Grilled Pork chops with Cherry Couscous
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, halved, rinsed and thinly sliced (or substitute 1 yellow onion, minced)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup port (or dry red wine)
- 2 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tbsp of the butter.
- Add the pork chops and cook, turning once, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the pan over medium heat and add the leeks (or onions) and sautee until slightly soft and beginning to brown (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the chicken broth and cook, stirring to scrape up any brown bits on the pan bottom, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine, balsalmic vinegar, and the dried cherries.
- Return the pork to the pan (along with any juices), and spoon some juices over them.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and summer until the pork is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned over them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 39g