Sourdough Cornbread Recipe:
There’s is nothing I love more than seeing you guys make my recipes! If you make this Sourdough Cornbread Recipe don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl mix together the starter milk, cornmeal and flour.
- Cover and let sit on the counter for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, eggs, melted butter, and sea salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the soured batter.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and baking soda over top and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8″ cast iron skillet (or 12 muffin pans, or 2 5″x9″ bread pans).
- Bake 35 minutes (or 15 for muffins).
- When golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
Looking for other awesome Sourdough Recipes? Check out my Sourdough Archives HERE for over 60 recipes using Sourdough!