These Vegetable Udon Noodles are an easy weeknight dinner families will love! Packed with Asian vegetables and a creamy, flavorful peanut sauce, this meatless meal is a sure to please your family!
Is it just me, or is time moving in super drive? My Dad always used to tell me how life was like a rollercoaster, how it seemed to take forever to climb that first big hill, but before you know it you’re whooshing down around the track not knowing what hit you. I feel like that lately. It’s the end of May, I just celebrated an awesome 5 years of marriage to my husband (which those of you who actually know us will laugh at because it took us foreeeever to get our acts together and start dating in the first place), in a little over two weeks my baby is turning THREE, in a little over three months that baby is starting preschool AND I’m having a second baby…the milestones are just piling up over here and the days are whooshing past. In an effort to slow life down, we’ve been doing a lot of slowing down and enjoying the day to day activities. Lots of walks, reading books together, tons and tons of art activities. And packing as much fun into weekends with Daddy as we can (seriously, it takes me like two days to recover!)
Vegetable Udon Noodles with Peanut Sauce
This meal was perfect for a “live life in the slow lane” attitude.
It is super quick and easy to put together and only dirties a few dishes. Perfect for when you want to get a delicious and healthy meal on the table fast, so you have time to do other things!
The peanut sauce is purely perfect – great flavor, just a hint of kick (or, if you are like my husband and feel the need to add sriracha sauce to literally everything you eat, you can always add more).
Note: (oh, and if you are wondering, no, there are no carrots in these photos. I didn’t remember to add them until after we sat down at the table to eat. Such is life. I also threw in some leftover cooked chicken breast in there, because that’s how I roll.)
You can add in some rotisserie chicken for protein if you want, or toss some Air Fryer Crispy Tofu!
Looking for some other easy Asian recipes? Try these!
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 30 Minute Orange Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Ramen
- Kung Poa Chicken Sheet Pan
Interested in adding more Asian flavors to your weeknight meals but not sure how to make it actually doable? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Asian Cuisine for easy tips and recipes that are weeknight and kid-friendly and will help your weeknight meals be a win!
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below!
- 6 TBSP water
- 1/4 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sriracha (optional, plus more for serving)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked udon noodles
- 4 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- In a small saucepan whisk the water, peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, cornstarch, sriracha, and garlic cloves until well blended.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes (or following package directions).
- Combine the noodles, peanut sauce, bok choy, snow peas, carrot, and cooked chicken in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 489mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 30g