These brownies with two hidden veggies are decadent and rich! These brownies may be sporting hidden black beans and spinach, but they taste decadent and amazing!
Black Beans and Spinach. Yup. It sounds utterly crazy, I know. But trust me, it works. And its sooo fudgy and delicious (especially when topped with a dollup of whipped cream). I dare you to make them. And I dare you to not eat the whole pan!
If you like fudgey brownies, make sure you try these decadent flourless Black Bean Brownies, too!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (or a bit more, whatever you feel)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse the beans to break them up a bit.
- Add the oil and spinach and blend until smooth (you will need to pulse, scrape, pulse...it takes a while).
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar, coffee and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and blend until combined.
- Pour the batter (it will be super runny) into the prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Cool completely before serving (Really. These aren't really that great when warm, but are delicious when cool and awesome when served straight from the fridge!)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g