These black bean brownies with two hidden veggies are decadent and rich!
Black Beans and Spinach. Yup. It sounds utterly crazy, I know. But trust me, it works. And its sooo fudgy and delicious (especially when topped with a dollup of whipped cream). I dare you to make them. And I dare you to not eat the whole pan!
If you like fudgey brownies, make sure you try these decadent flourless Black Bean Brownies, too!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (or a bit more, whatever you feel)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse the beans to break them up a bit.
- Add the oil and spinach and blend until smooth (you will need to pulse, scrape, pulse...it takes a while).
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar, coffee and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and blend until combined.
- Pour the batter (it will be super runny) into the prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Cool completely before serving (Really. These aren't really that great when warm, but are delicious when cool and awesome when served straight from the fridge!)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 182 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 262mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g