This easy buffalo chicken wrap recipe is the perfect quick dinner or easy lunch for your family. Tender buffalo chicken is layered in a tortilla with crunchy vegetables, creamy dressing, and blue cheese!
When it comes to a quick and easy meal, wraps are a great choice!
The addition of all the great veggies and the ranch dress and cheese help to offset the spice level of these wraps, which makes them a great family friendly sandwich!
Other sandwich recipes:
You only need a few ingredients to make these awesome wraps
- Chicken – You want boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can buy the ones that are thin sliced or tenderloin sliced to make it even quicker!
- Buffalo Marinade – Made from your favorite hot sauce, spices, and worcestershire sauce.
- Vegetables – For flavor, texture, and color! We use red onion, lettuce, carrots and tomatoes. Use a crunchy lettuce like romaine or iceberg. And get pre-shredded carrots from the grocery store.
- Tortilla wraps – You can use any variety you want, but use burrito sized ones for the best results.
- Blue cheese – Get a good quality one with flavor you like! Diced or crumbled.
- Ranch Dressing – Adds a cool and creamy texture and helps mellow out the spice.
How to make these
These wraps are a quick and easy meal! For the full set of directions, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below:
Make the marinade.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Toss in the chicken breasts and stir to coat.
- Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes, or up to a few hours in the fridge.
- Heat a large sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and the marinade and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes). Don’t overcook them or the texture will be weird. Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pan and place on a clean plate. Dispose of any remaining marinade and wipe out the skillet. Place the skillet back on the stovetop and turn down to low heat.
Assemble the wraps.
- In a tortilla, layer the ranch dressing, blue cheese, veggies, and cooked chicken.
- Roll the tortillas like a burrito.
- Warm the tortillas on both sides in the warmed skillet, until lightly browned and slightly crispy.
- Cut in half and enjoy with extra ranch or hot sauce.
Prepping ahead of time
These sandwiches are great when prepped ahead!
- The marinade can be mixed up and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The chicken can be cooked and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Leftover wraps that are already assembled can be wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can freeze these for up to two months. Cook as directed, and then wrap them individually with freezer paper and aluminum foil. Reheat them in a 425 F preheated oven straight from the freezer. Or you can thaw in the fridge until soft and heat up in the microwave.
This recipe is fairly quick and easy as is, but if you need to save extra time, try these tips:
- Swap out the ranch dressing and crumbled blue cheese for blue cheese dressing.
- Buy pre-packaged shredded lettuce to cut down on prep time.
How to serve this to your family
These wraps are great for a quick dinner, or an easy lunch. For a complete meal, serve these with crunchy carrots and celery. Don’t forget some fresh fruit on the side!
Try these other flavorful and kid friendly chicken dinners:
- 5 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Frank’s or similar, but not extra spicy like Sriracha or Tabasco)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium-size chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups lettuce (crunchy lettuce preferred e.g. Romaine, Iceberg), chopped
- ½ of a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 5 (10 inches) Tortilla wraps
- 6 tablespoon Blue Cheese, diced or crumbled
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Ranch dressing (OR Blue Cheese Sauce) as needed
- In a large bowl combine chicken breasts and Marinade ingredients.
- Stir to coat the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or 1-2 hours. For easier cleanup, you can do the same in a food ziptop plastic bag (gallon size).
Prepare your station with vegetables, Ranch, cheese and tortillas in the middle.
- When chicken is done marinating, heat up a small amount of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken with the marinade, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.( About 7 minutes, you can check the chicken for doneness with a kitchen thermometer - the chicken is ready when the internal temperature reaches 165 F.)
- Carefully remove the chicken (without the liquid) with kitchen tongs and transfer it to a clean plate.
- Discard leftover marinade and wipe the skillet out. Return the skillet to the stovetop and reduce the heat to low.
- Assemble the wraps with a layer of Ranch dressing, blue cheese, lettuce, grated carrots, tomatoes, onion, and cooked chicken, leaving about 1-2 inches around the edges for easier rolling.
- Roll the tortillas like a burrito: start with folding in the sides first, then holding the sides fold up the bottom, and keep rolling up tightly until the end.
- Transfer the wraps to a heated dry nonstick pan, and warm up the tortillas on both sides until lightly golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Remove from pan and cut in half, enjoy with extra Ranch dressing or hot sauce.
- Warming the wraps in the pan is optional, you can eat the wraps right away after folding.
- For easier folding, warm up the tortillas before folding. Wrap tortillas stacked on top of each other in foil and place in a warm oven for a few minutes (about 400 F). Careful not to over-cook as they may become crunchy on the edges and it will be impossible to roll them up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g
Nutrition information is an estimate and is provided for informational purposes only. For the most accurate information, please calculate using your specific brands and exact measurements.
Check out the how to make buffalo chicken wrap recipe story.