Kielbasa and Zucchini Recipe with Linguine
If you just happen to have an extra zucchini or two hiding on your counter, I have the perfect dish for you!
This quick family friendly recipe would be a fantastic meal for the dog days of summer, those dreaded hot muggy days where you want something nutritious and filling, but not heavy.
This linguine pasta recipe with kielbasa and zucchini has a great flavor – a tangy lightness you would not expect from a pasta dish. We all scarfed this down big time and will definitely be making this again, and soon!
How to Prep This Recipe Ahead
This recipe for kielbasa and zucchini with linguine is perfect for busy nights of the week because it is so quick and easy! You can make it even easier by prepping it ahead:
- Mix up the dressing in an air-tight glass container and store in the refrigerator. Just give it a good shake before using it.
- Slice the onion, pepper, and zucchini into strips and store in air-tight containers in the fridge up to 3 days ahead.
- If you will be really short on time, you could even pre-cook the sausage and pasta and store them in the fridge, too, and then just reheat everything with the sauce when you are ready to eat.
How to Serve this Pasta with Kielbasa Recipe
This pasta with sausage recipe is great because it can count as a whole meal in itself. But if you want to add some sides, some good choices would be:
- a simple side salad
- a slice of good bread
- fresh fruit
Other Pasta Recipes You Will Love:
Other Kielbasas Recipes You Will Love:
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make these Rosemary and Walnut Crusted Chicken Tenders, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO DINNER BOARD on Pinterest!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 12 ounces Kielbasa cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red or green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 small zucchini thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing - combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, basil and garlic; and mix well.
- Cook linguine in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet heated over medium heat, cook the kielbasa, peppers and onion until onion is tender.
- Add the dressing and the zucchini and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Toss with linguine and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 1032mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 18g