This easy pasta recipe is a great quick meal for families. Packed with sweet, crispy apples and chicken apple sausages slices, this meal is will be a family favorite!
Food tastes better when its shared with the ones you love!
Your shares are how this site grows and I so appreciate it! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? I would love if you shared this on social media!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you enjoy this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a star rating! Thank you!
Subscribe to my email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
- 1 lb oz rotini pasta
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 12 ounces sweet apple chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 honey crisp apple, chopped (you can peel if you want, I didn’t)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch red chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 up pasta water when you drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a very large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and cook the shallots, and sausage until the sausage is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the apple, garlic, and red chili pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, beans, and spinach, and cook about 1 minute, stirring, until spinach is wilted.
- Add the pasta to the sausage/apple mixture.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix to combine, adding the reserved pasta water until you reach your desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 697mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g