This Plum Torte is elegant but easy. It is moist, buttery, juicy, and unbelievable. This simple dessert recipe is everything you want in a dessert – it is easy to make, and lovely to eat!
An Easy Plum Torte Recipe
I love how easy and simple this recipe is. Just a few ingredients are used to create an elegant and satisfying dessert that could easily double as breakfast or afternoon tea. Another great snack cake is Roasted Banana Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.
Love simple cake recipes? Try these:
- Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe – A fresh strawberry cake recipe makes the perfect light summer dessert. This fresh fruit dessert features moist, flavorful vanilla cake studded with fresh strawberries.
- Simple Peach Cake – This cake won’t last long! Bursting with fresh summer flavor and tender and moist, this cake is perfect by itself, with ice cream or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
What is the difference between a Torte and a Tart?
- A Torte is more like a cake with a spongey, light and airy crumb. Often times it has many layers including mouses and pastry creams.
- A Tart is a small and thin (usually about 1″ high) dessert that starts with a pastry crust that is pated into a pan and filled. It is more closely related to a pie.
Plum Torte Variations
You can easily transform this plum tart recipe into something new with a few small changes.
- You can replace the plums with almost any seasonal fruit – apricots, cranberries, berries, sliced apples, stone fruit, etc. Just use any fresh fruit!
- Add different herbs or extracts to pair with your fruit. Vanilla or almond extract, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, rosemary, or citrus zest would all be great additions.
This Plum Torte is elegant but easy. It is moist, buttery, juicy, and unbelievable. This simple dessert is everything you want in a dessert – it is easy to make, and lovely to eat!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour (I used 1/2 whole wheat flour and added 2 tbsp of wheat germ )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 12 plums, pitted and cut in half (italian or purple plums are best)
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add the flour, baking powder, eggs, and salt.
- When the flour is incorporated, increase to medium speed and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a 9″ or 10″ springform baking pan.
- Arrange the plum halves skin side down in the batter.
- Mix the cinnamon and 2 Tbsp sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the plums.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out lea.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing the springform pan.
Keywords: Plum Recipe, Torte Recipe, Easy Dessert Recipe