This easy chicken ramen soup is perfect no matter the time of the year! Packed with flavor and kid-friendly, this slow cooker ramen recipe is a winner!
This dump and go crock pot meal is perfect for busy days.
You only need 5 minutes to throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning.
Then, in the evening, you only need a few quick minutes to prepare your toppings and you are ready to eat!
I like to use some pre-prepped toppings like shredded carrots and cabbage, and sliced mushrooms to make meal prep even easier.
This is the perfect meal for those super busy days of the week when you need a filling meal on the table quickly.
If you want some other great tips for cooking ramen (and how to make the perfect hard boiled egg for ramen, check out this recipe I made for Crock Pot Pulled Pork Ramen.
Tips for Getting Kids to Eat Ramen Soup:
- I highly, highly, highly recommend placing all the toppings into bowls or a plate in the center of the table and allowing your family to add their own toppings. I am always so surprised by which toppings my children choose (and actually eat!).
- Use Kid-Friendly Chopsticks! It is fun to learn to use chopsticks, and kids enjoy the challenge!
- Ramen is a messy meal – and you are supposed to slurp the broth. Allow, and encourage, your kiddos to pick up their bowl and slurp the broth!
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below! Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Crock Pot Chicken Ramen
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups really good quality chicken stock
- ½ oz dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 4 packages of instant Ramen Noodles throw those seasoning packages away
- Sweet Peppers
- Green Onions
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sesame Seeds
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Place the chicken thighs into the slow cooker.
- Add in the chicken stock, shiitake mushrooms, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and the rice vinegar.
- Stir the sauce, place on the lid and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a separate pot, cook the ramen noodles according to package directions.
- Spoon the broth, noodles, and chicken into bowls.
- Top with your selected toppings.