This easy chicken ramen soup is perfect no matter the time of the year! Packed with flavor and kid-friendly, this slow cooker ramen recipe is a winner!
I have been on a big hunt lately for the perfect “Tuesday Night Dinner”. Tuesdays are our busiest days of the week – and the night that we have swim lessons directly after dinner and still need to fit in homework and showers before bed.
We need something super easy to throw together. Something we can eat early (we have to eat at 4:45 PM so we can be ready to leave the house at 5:30 PM). It also needs to be nutritious and filling enough that my girls aren’t starving by the time swim practice is over, yet light enough that they don’t feel like they are going to sink to the bottom of the pool.
Sounds like a tall order, yeah?
Believe me – we have tired several (and by several I mean A LOT) of different ideas that would work great. And I finally found the perfect meal – Slow Cooker Chicken Ramen Soup!
This dump and go crock pot meal is perfect for busy mornings. You only need 5 minutes to throw all the ingredients in. In the evening you only need a few quick minutes to prepare your toppings and you are ready to eat! I like to use some pre-prepped toppings like shredded carrots and cabbage, and sliced mushrooms to make meal prep even easier.
Tips for Getting Kids to Eat Ramen Soup:
- I highly, highly, highly recommend placing all the toppings into bowls or a plate in the center of the table and allowing your family to add their own toppings. I am always so surprised by which toppings my children choose (and actually eat!).
- Use Kid-Friendly Chopsticks! It is fun to learn to use chopsticks, and kids enjoy the challenge!
- Ramen is a messy meal – and you are supposed to slurp the broth. Allow, and encourage, your kiddos to pick up their bowl and slurp the broth!
The form you have selected does not exist.
Interested in adding more Asian flavors to your weeknight meals but not sure how to make it actually doable? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Asian Cuisine for easy tips and recipes that are weeknight and kid-friendly and will help your weeknight meals be a win!
If you want some other great tips for cooking ramen (and how to make the perfect hard boiled egg for ramen, check out this recipe I made for Crock Pot Pulled Pork Ramen.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups really good quality chicken stock
- 1/2 oz dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 4 packages of instant Ramen Noodles (throw those seasoning packages away)
- Sweet Peppers
- Green Onions
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sesame Seeds
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Place the chicken thighs into the slow cooker.
- Add in the chicken stock, shiitake mushrooms, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and the rice vinegar.
- Stir the sauce, place on the lid and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a separate pot, cook the ramen noodles according to package directions.
- Spoon the broth, noodles, and chicken into bowls.
- Top with your selected toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 637Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 2040mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 50g
Looking for other great slow cooker recipes? Try these on for size!