This comforting classic turned one pot soup recipe has all the flavors you crave in lasagna, but its quick and easy and is actually healthy! Packed with veggies, chicken, and tons of cheese, its just the kind of comforting and delicious dinner you have bene craving - without all the work!
I LOVE a good lasagna, but hardly ever make it because its time consuming and laborious. Its the kind of recipe I reserve for Christmas. But one pot lasagna soup? Oh yeah. We have this SO OFTEN. Its easy, its utterly delicious, and its healthy as well! I am more of a super easy and quick recipe person - like slow cooker potato soup or basil and tomato tortellini soup!
How to Make this Lasagna Soup Recipe
This lasagna soup recipe is so easy to make!
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes
- Sautee the veggies for 4-5 minutes
- Add in the seasonings, tomatoes, and tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ways to make Chicken Lasagna Soup Easier:
- Use rotisserie chicken from the store
- Use shredded carrots from the produce section of the store
- Wash and prepare the produce ahead of time, storing in containers in your fridge until ready.
Can you make lasagna soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, of course! Simply place all the ingredients minus the noodles in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Thirty minutes before you are ready to serve, add the noodles. Test the noodles after 15-20 minutes to see if they are done. You don't want the noodles to sit too long or they will start to break down.
Variations of Lasagna Soup
This soup is great because you can change it up and add different vegetables.
- Try adding peppers or spinach or other veggies you have on hand.
- Change out the chicken for turkey or shredded beef.
How to serve Lasagna Soup to your family:
- For toddlers: Pull out the pieces of vegetables, chicken, and noodles and dice into bite sized pieces
- For kids: Serve the soup in a child sized bowl and allow them to top their soup with the extra ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan as they like.
- For adults: Serve as described in the recipe, topping with extra cheese.
Pair this soup with a side salad and some easy Cheddar Biscuits. Perfect comfort food!
There’s nothing I love more than seeing you make my recipes! If you make these Slow Cooker Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, don’t forget to leave a comment below and rate the recipe!
And if you are on Instagram, tag @thegingeredwhisk and use the hashtag #gingeredwhisk on social media when you make my recipes so that I can share them and maybe even feature you. Follow along to get the latest updates:
And don’t forget to subscribe to the email list to get all the extra tips, tricks and bonuses!
Want to save this for later? PIN THIS TO YOUR DINNER BOARD on Pinterest!
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 14.5 ounce can of no-salt added tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounce can of no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4 dried lasagna noodes or 6 dried no-boil lasagna noodles, broken into 1" pieces
- ¾ cup fat free ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the chicken into ¾" cubes.
- Heat a non-stick dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- Cook the chicken 3-4 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the mushrooms, carrots, onion, and garlic.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, uncovered, or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon the stew into a shallow bowl.
- Top each portion with 3 TBSP ricotta, 2 TBSP mozzarella, and 1 tsp Parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 3216mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 61g