Treacle Tart is one of Harry Potter’s favorite desserts – and now it can be yours, too! This easy pie recipe only needs 3 ingredients in the filling and is ready in no time flat!
What is Treacle Tart from Harry Potter?
It is often mentioned in the Harry Potter books and movies that Treacle Tart is one of Harry’s absolute favorite desserts.
A Treacle Tart is a pie made of only three ingredients – golden syrup, breadcrumbs, and lemon.
This easy dessert might sound really weird, but for some magical reason, it works.
Make sure you use really fine breadcrumbs when making this recipe – panko won’t work as well. I ended up having to use half panko and you can see in the photos have my filling has a rather grainy appearance. It doesn’t affect the taste at all, but it doesn’t feel or look as smooth as it should.
What would you serve at a Harry Potter Party?
Want to delve more into the world of Harry Potter Recipes? Try your hand at
Looking to have a Hogwarts themed party? Read this post to see what more to serve at your Hogwarts Dinner Feast!
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 2.5 cups of fine grated breadcrumbs
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of pie tin. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the golden syrup until its thin and loose. It doesn't need to simmer or boil, just become nice and warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bread crumbs, lemon juice, lemon zest.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to let the breadcrumbs soak up the syrup.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Cut the remaining pie crust into strips with a pizza cutter and place onto the top of the tart (the top is entirely optional, so you can skip if you want).
- Bake for 20- minutes, until set and the crust is golden.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 303mg Carbohydrates: 60g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Protein: 4g