- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the starter, egg, butter and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together to form a sticky dough. (if its too dry and crumbly add a little more buttermilk, if its way too sticky add some more flour. You want it sticky but not so sticky you can't form it into a ball).
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead once or twice.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet and place the ball of dough in the center.
- Cut a deep "X" on the top (the cuts should go at least 1/3 the way through the dough).
- Brush the top of the dough with buttermilk or some melted butter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 555mg Carbohydrates: 89g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 13g