This Apple cranberry sauce is an easy and flavorful sauce that pairs perfectly with simple pan fried rosemary pork chops. A great family friendly weeknight meal for fall with simple ingredients but tons of flavor.
I am all for simple meals. Easy family dinners that take minimal effort and are quick to cook. But I don’t think that just because a meal is quick and easy that it needs to rely on mixes and pre-packaged helpers, or be totally bland and tasteless.
This easy pan fried pork chop recipe takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
- The simple pork chops are seasoned with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary.
- The cranberry apple sauce is also simple – containing apples, cranberries, apple cider and maple syrup.
They pair together beautifully.
How do you make apple cranberry sauce
Apple cranberry sauce is super simple to make.
Add the ingredients to a medium saucepan and allow it to simmer until thick and reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
Can I make apple cranberry sauce ahead of time and freeze it?
You totally can! Apple Cranberry sauce reheats well and freezes really well. Or serve it cold, too!
How else can you use apple cranberry sauce?
Not only is this sauce great for topping pork chops, but you can also use it in so many other ways!
- on top of sliced ham
- as a sandwich spread
- on top of pancakes, waffles or french toast
- served on apple baked oatmeal
- as part of a parfait with yogurt and homemade granola
How Your Kids Can Help in the Kitchen:
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the ingredients for the cranberry sauce, wash and sort the cranberries, remove the rosemary leaves from the stems, and help set the table.
- Kids aged 4-6 can help do everything above, plus help you chop the apple into pieces and mince the rosemary.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help do everything above, plus help you season the pork chops and stir the cranberry sauce as it cooks.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Serve these Pork Chops with Apple Cranberry Sauce with a side of brown rice or quinoa and easy roasted carrots.
Try these other great cranberry recipes:
Food tastes better when its shared! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and rate below!
Apple Cranberry Sauce with Rosemary Pork Chops
This Pan Fried Pork Chop Recipe with Apple Cranberry Sauce is an easy family friendly weeknight meal with simple ingredients but tons of flavor.
Apple Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 Tart Apple, cored and diced
- 2 Cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/8 cup real maple syrup
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp finely minced rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the diced apple, cranberries, cider and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low summer.
- Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the cranberry apple sauce is cooking, heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high with the oil.
- Pat the pork chops dry and season both sides with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Add to the skillet and cook 3 minutes per side, or until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the skillet in the oven closest to the element and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Top with cranberry apple sauce and enjoy.
I like to make a double batch of the apple cranberry sauce and then use it for lots of things all week long!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 38g