This sourdough cracker recipe is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! Thin and crispy, with tons of flavor!
Love Sourdough? Check out over 60 great sourdough recipes, including other fun bread recipes:
- Easy Sourdough Pretzels – Soft and chewy with a slight sourdough tang, these sourdough pretzels have great texture and are fun to make.
- Sourdough Hot Dog Buns – These homemade hot dog buns have a dense and chewy texture with sourdough tang, and are perfect for your next barbecue!
- Sourdough Hot Cross Buns – These sourdough hot cross buns are soft, slightly sweet, and deliciously flavored. The tang of sourdough is mellowed by the ale and spices, and everything seems to blend together perfectly.
- Sourdough Cheesy Popovers – These buttery and cheesy popovers are a fun addition to your meal!
- Sourdough Croissant – These croissants are the perfect way to use your sourdough starter! Beautiful buttery and flakey layers!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Everything Bagel Topping:
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP dried onion flakes
- 1 TBSP dried garlic
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the topping and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, flax seed and salt.
- Mix in the sourdough starter, water, and olive oil until you get a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough a few times until you achieve a soft, silky dough. It should only take a few rotations.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each half into a round disc.
- Sprinkle your work surface with 1 TBSP of the "everything" topping.
- Place a disc of the dough on top of the seeds and roll out the dough until it is quite thin.
- Pick the dough up, scatter another TBSP of topping on your work surface and turn the dough over onto it (so the seeded side is now up).
- Roll the dough until it is about 1/8" thick or less. The seeds should be firmly embedded into the dough but a few might fall off.
- Place the dough onto a pizza stone and use a pizza cutter to cut into squares about 1.5".
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (mine took a little longer. You want your crackers to be brown and crispy but not burnt!
- Transfer the crackers to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 231 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 513mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 1g Protein: 6g