Pizza muffins are the perfect game day food for families to enjoy together! Like a handheld pizza party at home, these appetizers are super simple to make, and great for kids to help!
Dip these mini appetizer pizzas into warm marinara sauce for a truly delicious snack – or a great lunch! This is an easy, kid friendly appetizer recipe!
These tender pizza flavored muffins are great for any tailgating party, movie night at home, or any party you go to! They also make a great lunch and can be eaten for dinner, too! There are so many uses for these easy to make appetizers!
And the great part is that you can easily tailor the ingredients to your favorite pizza toppings!
Want onions and peppers? Cool.
Mushrooms your thing? Add ’em in!
Anchovies and Olives? I don’t know why you would, but you could!
If easy yet great appetizers are what you are looking for, check these best appetizer recipes out:
- Simple Black Bean Dip – Simple Black Bean Dip is a fresh and flavorful dip recipe to serve to your family! Easy to make with simple pantry staples, this easy dip recipe is perfect for after school healthy snacking or entertaining friends.
- Easy Cheese Dip – This amazing dip uses only 5 ingredients and tastes amazing! You definitely need this recipe on your game day snack table!
- Bacon Dip – If you are looking for the ULTIMATE Game Day Food, then look no further. Seriously. Stop looking. Let me introduce you to my dear friend Bacon Dip.
- How to Make A Kid Friendly Charcuterie Board – Cheese Boards are excellent for weekend snacking and make great simple kids party food and are loaded with a wide variety of fruits, veggies, cheeses and meats. These also make great after school snack trays! Even adults will love it!
If you need a good appetizer, snack, or um, dinner (yeah, we totally ate these for dinner one night), I really really recommend these cute little things! They are completely addictive and amazing!
I’ve made these three times already and each time we make a double batch and barely had leftovers. So just go ahead and make a lot, because these will be a big hit, I promise!
How to make pizza muffins
This recipe is very simple to make! Here is a brief overview of the recipe to give you an idea of how it works. For the full set of directions and measurements, please make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below!
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in the egg and milk until just barely incorporated.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and diced pepperoni (and any other “topping” type ingredients you want to use).
- Allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide the pizza bite batter into greased muffin pans (or into a mini muffin pan for even smaller mini pizza bites!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or about half the time for a mini-muffin tray).
- Serve warm with warm marinara sauce!
Another awesome pizza-ish recipe you need to have are these great pizza bagel bites!
Kids in the kitchen: how your kids can help you bake these
Getting your kids in the kitchen is an amazing way to help them be more interested in trying new foods and confident in their own abilities in (and out of!) the kitchen.
This recipe is great because it helps kids learn to use measuring spoons and they get practice whisking liquid ingredients and washing produce.
This recipe is perfect for beginner cooks because it is so easy! And it is a great recipe for kids to experiment and become more comfortable with new flavors – which means they are more likely to eat it!
- Kids aged 1-3 can help you measure the ingredients.
- Kids aged 4-6 can do everything above, plus help you cut the pepperoni and any other ingredients you want to use, as well as spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- Kids aged 7-10+ can help you do everything above, plus help you warm the marinara sauce.
*Please note that these recommendations are generalized, and to please use your personal discretion with your child’s skill level. And always, always supervise! Read more about how to have your children help you in the kitchen.
Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the recipe, please do not copy and paste or screenshot. Thanks so much for supporting me! xoxo
Mini Pizza Bites
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, seasoning, and pepper flakes.
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the cheeses and pepperoni and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter a bit and place a spoonful of batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Microwave the sauce until warm and serve as dipping sauce.