The Worlds Best Carrot Cake Recipe for any celebration! This moist & flavorful carrot cake has a fresh buttermilk glaze & cream cheese frosting.
How to Make A Buttermilk Glaze for Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 ½-ounces flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line three (9-inch) round cakepans with wax paper. Lightly butter and flour the wax paper. Set the pans aside.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients for the cake (flour, bakign soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- Beat the eggs and next 4 ingredients (sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla) at medium speed with an electric mixer until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add in the flour mixture gradually, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients (pineapple, coconut, and nuts).
- Pour the batter evenly into prepared cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Drizzle the Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers while hot and coo the cake in pans on wire racks 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 844Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 728mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 3gSugar: 87gProtein: 6g